Hector Lombard beating a 7ft Guy in Judo

xFeeLPaiN

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

why did he stop using his Judo in the UFC ? last time he was really using it was against Shields

why did he stop using his Judo in the UFC ? last time he was really using it was against Shields

Because his striking is also so dangerous. The fight starts on the feet. Hector usually hurts his opponents rather quickly. Even when he loses he usually hurts the other guy first.

You can't Judo a half-naked man.

That Ronda style will only get you smashed in the face, by a striker who knows how to use their limbs.

I'll fill you in on a little secret, he didn't stop using his judo in the ufc, he stopped using his special vitamins. Vitamin S.

He had some good moments against Jake Shields

You can't Judo a half-naked man.

That Ronda style will only get you smashed in the face, by a striker who knows how to use their limbs.

Lmao, please point me to where Ronda attempted a judo-style takedown and got smashed in the face for it? being horribly rocked and feebly trying to clinch doesn't apply. Judo throws are certainly applicable to MMA if adapted properly. any time Ronda got smashed, it's because she stood in front of a better striker instead of trying to take them down.

Lmao, please point me to where Ronda attempted a judo-style takedown and got smashed in the face for it? being horribly rocked and feebly trying to clinch doesn't apply. Judo throws are certainly applicable to MMA if adapted properly. any time Ronda got smashed, it's because she stood in front of a better striker instead of trying to take them down.

Anyone who says judo isn't bad ass and can't be used in MMA is not worth taking the time to respond to.

maybe it was the juice, maybe it wasn't, but Lombard was already an aged fighter by the time he came to the UFC. Does that mean he sucked? No, but I don't think he was at his peak when he entered. He came a few years too late. The Gomi treatment.

Nice history revision, Ronda tried to clinch with in both her losses but she failed and got smashed. She never chose to stand, she was forced to.

Last edited:
I'll fill you in on a little secret, he didn't stop using his judo in the ufc, he stopped using his special vitamins. Vitamin S.

I don't think he did stop, I mean he went back up to MW and his body looked the same after his suspension, I think he just got old he's nearly 40 and has had a ton of fights and guys learned if they could weather the storm he's gonna gas cos he's got too much muscle on his frame and he always goes hard early.

To be fair the guy is actually 6'7" he says or 6'6" as listed.

15109588_1111437662224847_4924318460562406398_n.jpg

Nice history revision, Ronda tried to clinch with both of her losses but she failed and got smashed she never chose to stand.

I stopped reading at 'she never chose to stand' but unfortunately, that meant I had to read the rest of your stupidity. there have been plenty of successful judo players and even wrestlers are now executing judo throws, that's a fact and everyone but you seems to have noticed.

Due to Hector's age he could no grapple at a high pace for 15 minutes anymore, he was extremely cautious with his stamina in the later years. So finishing the fights early with his devastating punches was a better option.

Ronda got smashed because her attempts at getting the clinch for her judo were met with punches to her face. Go ahead and laugh your ass off at that, we all have, but Judo doesn't work against everybody. It's rather limited in MMA actually.

Last edited:
Back