Sherbrahs who supported Darren Till before the fight, GTFIH

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Following Darren's masterful performance against Cerrone, Sherdog is all over him now.

Two days ago, things were different though. Almost everyone in here was making fun of the GOAT, and calling it an easy win for Cerrone. In order to separate the dickriders from those who know what's up, let us, Darren Till supporters from BEFORE the fight, gather in this thread.

Proof required.

I'm a Cerrone fan, but I wanna see new stars rise up in an increasingly boring UFC.

WAR Darren "McGregor" Till !

I cant stand him. Fighters who run backwards the last ten seconds of fights kind of annoy me.

Respect. At least you're not dickriding him like the others.

I wont lie though I was impressed/surprised he finished Cerrone. I'll give credit where its due; the kid is good.

Following Darren's masterful performance against Cerrone, Sherdog is all over him now.

Two days ago, things were different though. Almost everyone in here was making fun of the GOAT, and calling it an easy win for Cerrone. In order to separate the dickriders from those who know what's up, let us, Darren Till supporters from BEFORE the fight, gather in this thread.

Proof required.

You're tearing me apart!

I dissed Till, and am ready to eat the crow:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/t...e-opponents-why-would-he-beat-cowboy.3639461/

Cerrone's chin and easy-going in the first round start to lead to his demise, unfortunately (I like him).
Till knew it and capitalized. Will he do it again? Will he stop cruising for finish in the upper echelon against fresher fighters? Time will tell.
But I was very impressed and Till walked the walk after talking the talk.

Anyway, how's your sex life?

I never heard of him but I just watched the fight and daaaaaaaMn

I've been saying Till was going to smoke Cowboy for weeks, but man who gives a fook about it, really?

It's ok to make fun of the morons saying he was going to get "schooled", "murdered" or even "outclassed", but there's no reason at all to not be happy about Till getting more fans, specially guys not so deep into MMA (because most guys didn't even know Till, since he was fighting on prelims). Casuals fans matter too.

If you thought Cowboy was going to win, ok, it's totally understandable, next time try to dont sleep on legit guys only because of their competition, embrace Till and support him, the guy is a new contender and future star

I've been a fan since his UFC debut and have watched all his UFC fights live. And I expected him to win the standup against Cowboy early. But I didn't pick him to win, and certainly not that easily.

So you're a casual then, and Till is gonna win btw, if cerrone gets it to the ground he has a chance, but if he tries to stand with till he will lose, cerrones striking is pretty meh

Have been supporting him since his debut, and i always knew he was gonna be the next big thing since his ufc debut

I did say that he will KO Donald just before the fight.no need to find that thread.
But beating Donald doesnt make you goat.

He he good and will deliver good fights for sure

I just can't believe he finished the guy who fucked Miesha Tate.

I've been a fan since his UFC debut and have watched all his UFC fights live. And I expected him to win the standup against Cowboy early. But I didn't pick him to win, and certainly not that easily.

I agree, same situation

I actually saw him for the first time in Arena Tour, a regional show who is held in my country. I thought his opponent (the Cuban guy Martinez Aime) was gonna smash him because he was on a winning streak too and looked Lombardesque. He beat the Cuban guy and impressed me

When he was called by UFC I feel like I had to support him. He had some questionable fights where he was winning the first round and started to slow down the pace in the second or third round and ends losing rounds (his draw is a perfect example) but I hope he can fix it.

MMA fans are so fickle, Till beats Cerrone and suddenly he’s the GOAT. It annoys me how fans ride someone’s nuts then either drop them or make ridiculous excuses for losses like they’re living vicariously through them.

Till is an exciting prospect, can’t we get behind a fighter without calling them GOAT and comparing him to McGregor after one solid performance against a top ten?

I had a bet with a friend over this fight. He's a hardcore Cowboy fan.... I saw his soul leaving his body

I don't know if it qualifies as long time support, I personally got on board right when it was announced he'd fight Cerrone, but i'll honestly have to admit it was more because of not really liking Cerrone as a dude too much. Didn't just get onboard when it was over though I guess. I was really impressed by his performance when it was over.

MMA fans are so fickle, Till beats Cerrone and suddenly he’s the GOAT. It annoys me how fans ride someone’s nuts then either drop them or make ridiculous excuses for losses like they’re living vicariously through them.

Till is an exciting prospect, can’t we get behind a fighter without calling them GOAT and comparing him to McGregor after one solid performance against a top ten?

Word. That fight will have made the other WW's sit up and take notice, but they now have some idea that he's a pressure fighter with a good solid punch and decent TDD from what we've seen far. There's always a game plan to beat that or any other fighters strengths/skill set. That's the appeal of MMA, but it seems to be lost on a lot of fans.

The GOAT conversation in general is ridiculous, imo. American folk, especially, seem to be infatuated with arguing over which player/fighter is the GOAT of whatever the sport it is they're in. It's an endless, ball achingly debate that turns into drivel the more it goes on.

i won money on till. all you had to do was watch his last few fights to see he would run through cerrone. not rocket science.

Back