Will We Ever See a 30-21 Fight?

A.S. Deep

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Or a 50-35 one? I believe 10-7 rounds have happened in the past, but I don't know if two or more happened in a single fight. Can you imagine a fight where one fighter wins multiple 10-7 rounds.

Whoever loses it is the toughest son of a b*** in the UFC and has my respect.

I can only imagine a gross incompetence of a ref, ringside doctor, and a fighter's corner leading to a fight making it to the judges with scorecards that lopsided.

Winner by 3rd round murder!

Ken "I'm going beat you into living death" Shamrock.

A bunch of old GSP fights would now be 10-8 rounds.

I think the lowest score I've ever had the displeasure of seeing was Nate Quarry vs Kalib Starnes lol

No because I'm not sure there is a measure to what makes a 10-7 round in MMA. Like in boxing, each knockdown would be a deduction of a point. I'm not so sure it's ironed out like this.

If that ever the case, the referee would become the worst ever.

Corner would become the 2nd worst ever (after Bj Penn's corner)

Last edited:
Isn't this what happened ti that Rufus fighter who Rufus didn't give a fuck about and ended up dying?

If a ref ever lets a fight go the distance and earn that score, they should be fired.

Yup. Forrest Petz vs Sammy Morgan.. that was 30-23.

I think from memory it was two 10-8 rounds and a 10-7. Morgan got battered in it. Thats the only fight that comes to mind at the moment.

I’d imagine a fight would be stopped by the second if that was the case.

There’s only so much abuse a face can take

A 10-7 should be some kind of stoppage. Ref, doctor, corner, etc..

Multiple 10-7 rounds without being stopped? Fans should jump the cage and lynch the ref/doctor/corner that failed.

Frankie vs Maynard 2 round 1 was a surefire 10-7 imo.

But to address those scores TS is talking about no. Fight should be stopped before reaching the judges. Gross negligence on both the ref and the fighter getting pummeled corner.

If Carwin had better cardio, it could be a 50-35 fight. I believe in Lesnar's chin

brock-lesnar-o.gif

Last edited:
Requirements

1. Fighter who refuses to give up (dumb and tough).
2. Fighter is tough but not a good fighter. Cannot put up a decent fight against opponent.
3. Corner who doesn't give a shit about the health of their fighter.
4 Ref who is grossly incompetent.
5. Judges who are willing to reward 10-8/7 rounds on a regular basis.

Very unlikely imo. Being involved in a 5 round fight most likely means you are already a competent fighter with a competent camp. Say what you want about the quality of refs, but most championship fights have competent refs who know when to stop a fight.

Imagine a fighter loses every round 10-8 (like by getting lay-n-preyed on, but not actually taking major damage), and commits a foul every round - a fence grab here, a low blow there, an eyepoke, etc. With a point deduction for each, you could have a few 10-7 rounds.

Back