Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone - Another Legend Gone

nyquil

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Cerrone's is suffering the old-fighter syndrome. 32-34 fights in the ufc, plus god how many kickboxing fights.... he is entering that stage crocop, wanderlie, chuck, and all the other old legends have experienced.

To me, sure Till seems pretty good, but it just reminds me of the schuab, mitrione days where younger fighters with fresher body/mind (which also includes better reaction time due to less damage to the head) overhwlem the old legends not because of extreme talents, but simply due to the old legends showing signs of not being able to take a punch, not being able to time things well anymore.

Last edited:
If he Return at 155lbs

He could Do good for another couple of years imo

He'll be back with a win in a month and a half. Just cause Till is an animal doesn't mean Cowboys done

Never had the guts to be a great but did a lot better than I expected when he came over from WEC.

Fought a huge MT striker who he couldn't implement his grappling on. Rough matchup. He should be at 155 anyway, his record against non-RDA opponents has been amazing down there for years now. Obviously he is also nearing a wall anytime now due to age/ezperience so perhaps one last run at 155!

Chill dude he just lost a fight. It happens.

i've been noticing it for a while now, this fight kind of just cemented it for me.

you could wait until he gets knocked out repeatedly for you to realize, but he's been showing signs for while i believe :(

Donald the phony Cerrone

Cerrone had all the tools to become a champ and stay one. He's just a really shitty campaigner. "fight anyone at anytime attitude is way too risky and a good way to F up your ranking.

Cerrone's is suffering the old-fighter syndrome. 32-34 fights in the ufc, plus god how many kickboxing fights.... he is entering that stage crocop, wanderlie, chuck, and all the other old legends have experienced.

To me, sure Till seems pretty good, but it just reminds me of the schuab, mitrione days where younger fighters with fresher body/mind (which also includes better reaction time due to less damage to the head) overhwlem the old legends not because of extreme talents, but simply due to the old legends showing signs of not being able to take a punch, not being able to time things well anymore.

Stick a fork in'em. He's done!

[yt]

Stop saying go to 155. You guys complain about weight cuts, a fighter says he’s having a hard time making the weight and moves up, and you want him to take another bad weight cut after losing to two top-5s and a prospect.

He just can’t compete with the best anymore; he’s a perfectly good top-10 gatekeeper at 170. He isn’t going to do any better at 155.

Donald Cerrone wilted and succumbed under the pressure like he always does.

Needs to switch up his beer brands, get a fresh look

Cowboy is not a legend imo

there's many types of legend, for the amount of exciting fights he has given to the sport and the type of fighter he has established himself to be. I think he deserves to be one of the legends simply for what he has given us...

i'm not saying he is silva, fedor, couture, frank shamrock.... but come on, there's a hell of a lot of people in the hall of fame who don't deserve it. One could actually make a decent case for cerrone simply because he's one of those fighters who has been consistently given us great fights and one who will fight anyone at any time.

Back