Welterweight is filled with a bunch of young prospects

P4PSHERGOAT

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
That’s why the division seems to be in a slight low point right now, it’s in a state of transition to the new generation. I predict in no more than 2 years the majority of the top 5 if not top 10 will be replaced.

Lawler-old
Woodley-old
Cerrone-already lost to prospect and is old
RDA-old
Wonderboy-old
Masvidal-already 32
Maia-ancient
Condit-old/semi-retired

They will be replaced by these guys
perry
Till
Ponz
Usman
Covington
Niko price
And the youngest and most prospective of them all
B4D90C88-2690-4C5A-B389-5CF0872BE4B9.png

Last edited:
That’s why the division seems to be so shitty
What? WW is competitive as any other division lol, wtf are you talking about? Every fucking division below 185 is a mix of new guys up and coming and veterans, so is 170. You just isn't paying attention to them.

What? WW is competitive as any other division lol, wtf are you talking about? Every fucking division below 185 is a mix of new guys up and coming and veterans, so is 170. You just isn't paying attention to them.
Welterweight seems to be at a low point right now but fair enough, I shouldn’t say shitty but the division is certainly not like it was during GSP’s reign or even a couple years ago. Still a top 4 division, although it used to be top 2

Last edited:
Welterweight seems to be at a low point right now but fair enough, I shouldn’t say shitty.
I totally disagree even withh low point. A shitty division is HW where Arlovski and Browne are on 5 lose streak and still at top 15. LHW that the same 5 guys are there for 3+ years and the same guys top 5-15 already fought each other 20x.

WW has been a excellent division since 2016+, Woodley fights were boring asf but other than that, WW is on fire. A lot of WW contenders of back then aren't at top 15 anymore: Story, Ellenberger, Brown, Saffiedine and Alves..

Another reason the UFC WW division seems to be in a low point right now is because,

Bellator WW division > UFC WW division

Rory (again), Lima, Koreshkov > Woodley

Another reason the UFC WW division seems to be in a low point right now is because,

Hope Rory comes back soon , he would be a good young champ for the new welterweight division

That’s why the division seems to be in a slight low point right now, it’s in a state of transition to the new generation. I predict in no more than 2 years the majority of the top 5 if not top 10 will be replaced.

Lawler-old
Woodley-old
RDA-old
Wonderboy-old
Masvidal-already 32
Maia-ancient
Condit-old/semi-retired

perry
Till
Ponz
Usman
Covington
Niko price
View attachment 290915
I hope Silva beats mein and extends his UFC career a bit longer. We need him in our lives lol

Well the top 5 or so are comparable but Bellator has no where near the depth.

WW is fine. People just shit on it because they keep underestimating Woodley.

The hate Woodley so he can't be champ of a good division. Actually 1 out of the 2 most competitive divisions. Other one being LW. They have to come up with the excuse that the division sucks.

When Wonderboy was getting his title shot and people swore he was going to buzzsaw Woodley the same people saying the division sucks now were saying it was more competitive than ever.

Of course it seems like there are young prospects, because the top guys that normally derail their hype trains for an easy payday all moved to Bellator at WW.

I think usman is gonna storm the division. That dude is a beast. I like his progression. Every fight he gets more vicious.

I'd add Niko Price to that list.

Lawler-old
Woodley-old
RDA-old
Wonderboy-old
Masvidal-already 32
Maia-ancient
Condit-old/semi-retired

perry
Till
Ponz
Usman
Covington
Niko price
View attachment 290915
Gunnar is only 29 as well. He'll be in the top 10 for a few more years I think. Leon Edwards is another guy to watch out for.

Welterweight seems to be at a low point right now but fair enough, I shouldn’t say shitty but the division is certainly not like it was during GSP’s reign or even a couple years ago. Still a top 4 division, although it used to be top 2
Yeah, such killers back then during GSP’s reign. Fitch, Alves, Hardy. Man, Woodley, Lawler and today's WWs would get crushed by those all time greats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back