has anyone noticed Till doesnt fight like a muay thai fighter?

Jimmy Jazz

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
His stance and emphasis on punches doesnt seem like muay thai at all. Granted he did use a nice elbow but it makes you wonder about what they teach as muay thai outside of thailand. Maybe there is a particular reason he seems to rely more on boxing as an mma fighter.

damn we got a bad ass over here

What I'm struck by is how movement orientated he is while he's in the pocket....

He pumps his hands/shoulders and moves his feet good
But its more than just good movement....He is a very aware fighter in his movement

He mirrors his opponents movement and is able to keep them lined up square enough to box extremely well
But he is also highly reactive at the same time so he can avoid shots very well too

I need to see more of his grappling/wrestling to get a better gauge on him....but if he keeps everything standing, that's a moot point....in a good way

He fights more like an MMA fighter, or something.

I can't put my finger on it.

Other than Barboza there aren't many guys who use Thai stance at fights.. And even Barboza does some adaptations, orthodox Thai stance doesn't work at all since it's easy to take down who tries to use that.

There's many different types of Muay Thai fighters. Alot of them emphasize their hands as their main weapon, too. The way he countered Cowboy's kicks was very standard muay thai.

Last edited:
Actually a lot of the shit he does is very muay thai to me. The way he retracts his front leg on low kicks; his kick counters; the way he feints; the style and bravado aspects of his game (style and no-selling can be effective in MT judging); and his beautiful elbow work. Not only the stepping elbow, but in the fight with Bojan, he threw a beautiful MT style spinning elbow that didn't really land, but it was perfect technique.
He's just adapted his game for MMA. It's harder to get taken down when you're controlling the distance and boxing.

Yeah, muay thai is well known for being better paying than MMA.

Depends on what you value for compensation.

Win @ Lumpini and you get free chicken at worlds best next door, some baht and usually a freebee from one of the girls.

Can be very rewarding if your needs are low

I have yet to see him use a single Muay Thai plumb in any of his fights....

I think MT has some other tools than a classic stance and the thai plum...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back