Cerrone's weakness: Punches to the face

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Most of his losses involved getting punches in the face. His fights against RDA, Lawler, Till, Masvidal, Nate all involved getting punched in the head.

Cerrone needs to work on his boxing defense.

giphy.gif

EssentialZanyFlycatcher.gif

RDA-drops-Cerrone.gif

Well.... That's most human's weakness. Somehow, being punched in the face by a pro fighter would suck for me most people.

Brilliant observation.

"Bullets, my only weakness!"

Most people suffer from the “punch to the face” ‘weakness’

Cerrone stands bolt upright as fuck. It means that anyone who is a better boxer than him doesn't have to work that hard to find him.

That was his problem tonight. He left his head on the line for Till's 1-2.

<SelenaWow>

It's uncanny that we share the same weakness. I can be a gatekeeper with 6 months training.

Reminds of me the line from, of all movies, "Scary Movie 3," where after knocking an alien's head clean off with a shovel, Anthony Anderson declares, "I found their weakness! Without their heads, they're powerless."

Clearly.

Most of his losses involved getting punches in the face. His fights against RDA, Lawler, Till, Masvidal, Nate all involved getting punched in the head.

Cerrone needs to work on his boxing defense.

giphy.gif

EssentialZanyFlycatcher.gif

RDA-drops-Cerrone.gif
That’s everyone and anyone’s weakness

Wow very thought provoking I had always assumed that was every fighters weakness.

Seems to be a weakness for most guys...

He needs to learn how to clinch. He seems to just cover up and he isn't durable enough to get away with that type of defense.

Actually his weakness is southpaws. Other than Masvidal, everyone who's beaten him in the UFC has been a southpaw.

Seems like Lawler should've knocked him out as well and not mad eit such a close fight.

Makes me think Robbie has lost a step also at his age and length of time in the sport. Lawler is known for having those hands

Cerrone doesn't seem to know how to parry at all, I'm amazed he's got this far.

His hands sort of bob up and down somewhere near his face but they are useless to stop punches, most punches just go right through.

He relies almost purely on offense and staying out of range or the odd slip but realistically you will eat lot of punches that way. People were saying stuff that his chin this or that but he's relying way too much on his face to stop punches.

Your opponent can run forward faster than you can run backward and you can't slip every punch without some major talent. Cerrone is not particularly good at slipping punches so why are his hands down and mushy? lol

Makes me grateful the current gym I am at taught me great ways to parry to the point where if my hands are up you are never hitting me from outside unless I am also throwing a punch.

Till is being overrated quite a bit, I was just baffled that Cerrone got hit with those punches. We've seen it happen a lot with him against people who aren't that good.

Last edited:
Back