grooming Till vs contender status

Spoken

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
An argument could be made that Till could be next in line for a fight to decide who faces Woodley. It seems to me that 2 wins again top 10 guys is worth the title shot . Til seems like a compelling fighter against Thompson or Masvidal.
Mike Perry is interesting if only to appease the let em bleed God, even if he provides significantly less credit for a title shot. And yet, fighting Perry allows him to just get more experience and build a bigger base. Fighting for a year or two with up and comers could also just add mileage and potential losses that make it harder to climb the latter again for a title shot.

So, let Till jump up and start competing with Thompson and Co for a shot?... Or, regarding Perry:

giphy.gif

You don't think Jorge gets a shot if he beats Wonderboy? I do think they'll move Covington into the picture if he beats Maia. Woodley does have a vice grip on the division, in my opinion. He's underrated because he fights safe and isn't exciting. 170 is pretty open right now leading up to the top.

NO. Once Till enters that level he, like so many others, won't want to be so open with who they fight. Let him fight the fun ones while he still doesn't feel like too much is at stake long term.

You don't think Jorge gets a shot if he beats Wonderboy? I do think they'll move Covington into the picture if he beats Maia. Woodley does have a vice grip on the division, in my opinion. He's underrated because he fights safe and isn't exciting. 170 is pretty open right now leading up to the top.
Sorry, I think Jorge totally deserves it if he wins. I wonder what happens after that fight for next WW contender

I think Till needs to fight a top 5 guy before having a title eliminator if he wins that.

I think Till needs to fight a top 5 guy before having a title eliminator if he wins that.

If Perry beats Ponzi, you can pretty much lock that up. I don't think they'll feed him to Maia is Demian beats Covington and I don't see them making Jorge or Wonderboy against Till. Perry is a logical fight for him. If Maia beats Covington, I think he ends up fighting Usman. Wonderboy would probably fight the loser of Maia/Covington if he loses against Jorge. I mean, shit, there are so many good fights to be made. Who knows where they're going to go.

If Perry beats Ponzi, you can pretty much lock that up. I don't think they'll feed him to Maia is Demian beats Covington and I don't see them making Jorge or Wonderboy against Till. Perry is a logical fight for him. If Maia beats Covington, I think he ends up fighting Usman. Wonderboy would probably fight the loser of Maia/Covington if he loses against Jorge. I mean, shit, there are so many good fights to be made. Who knows where they're going to go.

I'd like to see perry v Till. If Perry wins his fight.

Then the winner of that v a top 5 guy. Then a possible title eliminator for the title shot.

I think Till beats Perry i think Till needs a few more fights before he is ready for the top 5 though.

Back