Cowboy's swagger has turned into a stagger...

PoundCake

Track Star
@Yellow
Reaction score
What happened to this former badass? When did the train leave the rails? How does Cerrone recover from this embarrassing loss to Darren (Who) Till?

Cowboy didn't look too bad against Lawler but he laid an egg against this relatively unknown Scouse...

he's an old veteran. they tend to be hot n cold before they fade out.

Edit* Actually, it'd be more accurate to say he's inconsistent.

Last edited:
He is 34 with 4 failed title runs to his name fighting in a class above where he has always been until recently. Cut him some slack.

who knows

When-flight-movie-one-you-watched-last-night.gif

Cerrone is a phenomenal fighter who's never won a title for a reason . Inconsistency .

He's the new Melvin Guillard. Looks great right up until he doesn't.

He's the new Melvin Guillard. Looks great right up until he doesn't.
That's insulting. Melvin just refused to develop a ground game until he was washed up. Those 2 don't even compare

What happened to this former badass? When did the train leave the rails? How does Cerrone recover from this embarrassing loss to Darren (Who) Till?

Cowboy didn't look too bad against Lawler but he laid an egg against this relatively unknown Scouse...

He has never done well against guys his own size. Kind of saw this coming but didn't expect a 1st round stoppage. Till proved a few things tonight though and give the guy credit for coming in ready to get busy

That's insulting. Melvin just refused to develop a ground game until he was washed up. Those 2 don't even compare

Melvin was the most frustrating fighter I've ever been a fan of. Dude had all the talent in the world.

Jackson wink PED program got outed with Jones all their fighters are struggling

Melvin was the most frustrating fighter I've ever been a fan of. Dude had all the talent in the world.
Agreed. He could have gone places. He is now a purple belt I believe now but way past his prime. No explosiveness, speed, power etc that made him great is gone.

Remember when people said Cowboy would beat Conor? LOL. Stiff as a board.

Agreed. He could have gone places. He is now a purple belt I believe now but way past his prime. No explosiveness, speed, power etc that made him great is gone.

As soon as he came into WSOF with the spare tire dad bod, it was over.

This.

Rich Clementi pointed out Melvin's weaknesses, but he never fixed them. I remember thinking he had serious title potential after crushing legit guys like Dunham and Roller, but obviously it never happened.

Back