Dan Hardy commentary

hot carl

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
What are sherdog nation's thoughts on Hardy as a commentator?

I think he does a rather good job. His analysis is good, he is mostly fluid on the fly, doesnt seem too contrived most of the time, and doesnt come across as unctuous as rogan does.

I think he's decent and I like how he adds in his own perspective/experience as a professional fighter, but I think a lot of it is due to John Gooden's direction of him. Gooden is a seriously under-recognised commentator IMO. He is the the best play-by-play commentator that the UFC has on their books.

He's actually pretty good. He doesn't have that commentators bias that Rogan and Goldie used to have. His voice is distinct and he absolutely loves good strikers. The only complaint I have is that he tends to use the same terms over and over again within the same event. In my eyes, he's on par with Stann, but better than Anik, however not as good as Cruz.

Head and shoulders better than DC

I would love a Hardy/Rogan booth. He is easily the best part about the overseas cards, although he does have a tendency to exaggerate or be biased towards guys he likes similar to joe but i imagine it must be really difficult not to in that job

hes pretty good, sometimes he starts stories that are too long to finish before something exciting happens so they wont talk about whats going on in the fight, but i think he will get better in time

im not a fan of gooden

I would love a Hardy/Rogan booth. He is easily the best part about the overseas cards, although he does have a tendency to exaggerate or be biased towards guys he likes similar to joe but i imagine it must be really difficult not to in that job

dan hardy and rogan are both color commentators, that wouldnt work unless they had a 3rd guy in

I always enjoy when he calls fights, between him and Joe both are good

i enjoy it. voice is kinda soothing lol. wish he still had the red hawk tho

I like him a lot but Gooden is just shit so it effects him negatively.

He's actually pretty good. He doesn't have that commentators bias that Rogan and Goldie used to have. His voice is distinct and he absolutely loves good strikers. The only complaint I have is that he tends to use the same terms over and over again within the same event. In my eyes, he's on par with Stann, but better than Anik, however not as good as Cruz.

He’s way better than Cruz. Cruz does give great analysis but he has zero enthusiasm and has that “im smarter than all of you” vibe about him whenever he’s there. Hardy is the perfect mix of intelligent analysis and enthusiasm. He’s the best commentator right now easily.

He’s way better than Cruz. Cruz does give great analysis but he has zero enthusiasm and has that “im smarter than all of you” vibe about him whenever he’s there. Hardy is the perfect mix of intelligent analysis and enthusiasm. He’s the best commentator right now easily.

That's your opinion. I think I value Cruz' perspective more than his voice or his excitement level. Hardy is a good announcer. Cruz is better in relation to content, which matters most to me. If we're basing things off of excitement and voice, I suppose Goldie would be the best, but he's consistently dropping dunce level gems. To each their own.

I like Hardy. I like Cruz slightly more, but Hardy is solid.

He could be really good if he would just spit all of the European fighter's dicks out of his mouth. :D Seriously though he's pretty good, but his bias for European fighters (especially those from the U.K.) can sometimes shine through,

Im always surprised at how knowledgable he seems with Jiu Jiutsu during his breakdowns. Of course he could be bullshitting me as ive never trained. Anyone know what belt he is?

I noticed a little bit of bias in the Artem fight and I'm not sure why. Maybe he was being told to by the UFC or something.

For example when Fili landed the first headkick (not the one that knocked him down) there wasn't much of a reaction by Hardy or Gooden but they seemed to act excited every time Lobov landed a clean jab. It just seemed a little odd to me.

Back