How do you think Michael Venom Page (MVP) would do in the UFC?

Thuckey

I swear to drunk.. I'm not God.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
So for those of you paying attention to this guy he just had his pro boxing debut which was a victory via TKO in the third round. It was against a scrub but showed that MVP does have some boxing skills. All of his mma fights are striking based, anyways.

For those not paying attention, MVP is a mixed martial artist that competes currently for Bellator and is 8-0 in the promotion, 12-0 overall. Similar to Roy Jones JR and Anderson Silva he fights very unorthodox and unique, striking from odd angles and jumping around his opponent waving his head everywhere to confuse the shit out them all while his hands are DOWN, and also has an air of confidence surrounding him, along with KO power. All of his fights look strange, yet entertaining. He takes showboating to an entirely different level:

RealExcellentAnnashummingbird.gif

That is not out of the ordinary for a Michael Page fight. Some of the stuff he does in the cage is just unreal and you wonder how the hell he gets away with it without getting caught - but I think one day he WILL indeed get caught just like Silva did against Weidman 1.

Anyways about the boxing fight, you van find info on that here:

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/10/video-bellator-michael-page-pro-boxing-debut-win-tko

If you watch the video, you will indeed so more of his personality in the ring come out. Right after landed a devastating KO punch, MVP continues to move forward while his opponent falls to the canvas and he simply and casually rests on the ropes with his hands dropped down off the edges , as if posing to the crowd. The result is hilarious.

Any MVP fans here on Sherdog? I personally love watching him fight and as entertaining as he is - he also continues to WIN. 8-0 in Bellator shows that he does have potential in the UFC, so what do you guys think about that? Would he be successful in the current UFC WW division?

From what I gather he still has some Bellator fights left. He was supposed to fight Paul Daley or Daley called him out or something - then he changed his mind which was strange. If he goes on to finish his Bellator contract and keep ammazing some W's, I think he surely should be picked up by the UFC.

And so I leave you with this hilarious but awesome highlight video. Cheers!

Let's wait and see how he does in Bellator fight.

MVP vs Paul Daley is the fight to make.

he needs to stop wasting his prime. He's a special talent... but its being put to waste. I'm a fan but this guy hasn't fought anyone yet. Hoping they finally make the MVP vs Daley fight.

He would lose to mostly everyone in the top 15 actually he should of lost his last fight against that can bellator fed him lol

He needs inferior strikers to run at him flailing like retards to look good. If he can't bait you then it becomes a staring contest.

I think MVP has all the potential to go to the top.

We know MVP is legit. He's beaten legit fighters.

We don't know if MVP's world class. He hasn't fought the elite.

MVP v Paul Daley would tell us a lot.

Hard to know, he doesn't have a win worth talking about.

He would outstrike all of the UFC's WW strikers. The WW grapplers are the only fighters who would present problems. Any WW in the UFC who comes to stand with MVP would get KOd.

Rekt by anyone in the top 10 EASILY, unless they give him someone who can't strike.

He only fights shitcans. Don't understand how retards get hyped when he hasn't beaten anyone even remotely close to UFC caliber.

I almost feel like this is what Anderson Silva would look like if they kept feeding him cans.

They really should do that for him now. Age is not on The Spider's side.. but he can still can crush like a tarantula.

Rekt by anyone in the top 10 EASILY, unless they give him someone who can't strike.

He only fights shitcans. Don't understand how retards get hyped when he hasn't beaten anyone even remotely close to UFC caliber.
UFC caliber like WW fighter CM Punk?

The guy has not fought anyone worth talking about.Only fights he takes is against lower tier fighters he knows he can beat.After he fights and beats some higher ranked fighters then maybe bring up UFC talk.

WEC and Strikeforce remembers.

To be fair, Cyborg is not in any way garbage, though he isn't some Donald Cerrone or Robbie Lawler, and is also a bit past his best years.

Yea, if a striker can break another mans face, his striking is a problem.

mvp-ko-1.gif

365EB92A00000578-3694715-A_digital_scan_of_Evangelista_Cyborg_s_fractured_skull_above_and-m-6_1468794566432.jpg

Closest thing we've seen to the next Anderson.

That depends would they protect him from grapplers the way Bellator has. I do feel like he is become less succeptible to ownage by Ben Askren types.

On the other hand he could flash KO some people in the UFC for sure.

Back