Why do Elite UFC fighters look horrible in Bellator?

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
it started with former UFC champion(one of the best lightweights in UFC history) who really would be 0-4 in Bellator if Pitbull didn't injure his leg. His last fight in the UFC he beat the guy who will probably fight for the title in the UFC next....so he obviously wasn't past his UFC prime before he left.

Larkin---another guy that just won in the UFC, comes over to Bellator and is 0-2. Larkin just beat masvidal, a top 5 WW in the UFC. But he is garbage in bellator

Then last night another guy that dominated in the UFC comes over and looks horrible against a past his prime bellator fighter. I actually had Moose losing that fight but he got a gift decision.

This forum should be changed to Bellator Discussion and move the UFC talk to the worldwide forum. They're obviously 2nd tier since WME took over. Too cheap to compete with the big boys.

Bellators fighters are grossly underestimated by many UFC fans.

They are every bit as good as the UFC fighters at the top levels.

No big deal,some people think everyone sucks outside the UFC...just wait for Lima x Macdonald.

Bellators fighters are grossly underestimated by many UFC fans.

They are every bit as good as the UFC fighters at the top levels.

Yup. Bellator just doesn't have the depth in each division

Larkin has actually looked no different to me than he did in the UFC. I always felt his ceiling was a bit overestimated by this forum. He's simply been fighting the best strikers in the bellator WW division, so no shame there.

Mousasi has been inconsistent his entire career, so while I expected him to defeat Shlemenko, I'm not wholly blown away that he nearly lost (frankly, I believe he should have).

Benson definitely fell off a cliff. He has looked utterly hesitant and gunshy. The guy is basically in there shadowboxing now. However, he didn't look great in his last few UFC fights either, so there was definitely some overlap in the transition and his decline.

Phil Davis basically came in and dominated until he lost to another former UFC fighter - you omitted that point.

Then we have Rory, who I believe will ultimately wear down Lima to claim the WW belt.

Mousasi had one eye for more than 2 rounds.

When will people learn it has nothing to do with the organization but the actual fighter themself. Daley, Schlemenko, Pitbull, etc. all very good fighters.

Because Bellator > UFC. Bellator is the future.

When you get to the top 5-10 in a weight class there’s a definite jump in skill level, but outside that really it’s just everyone else and anyone can beat anyone. The #10 ranked guy could just as easily be the #57 ranked guy

it started with former UFC champion(one of the best lightweights in UFC history) who really would be 0-4 in Bellator if Pitbull didn't injure his leg. His last fight in the UFC he beat the guy who will probably fight for the title in the UFC next....so he obviously wasn't past his UFC prime before he left.

Larkin---another guy that just won in the UFC, comes over to Bellator and is 0-2. Larkin just beat masvidal, a top 5 WW in the UFC. But he is garbage in bellator

Then last night another guy that dominated in the UFC comes over and looks horrible against a past his prime bellator fighter. I actually had Moose losing that fight but he got a gift decision.

This forum should be changed to Bellator Discussion and move the UFC talk to the worldwide forum. They're obviously 2nd tier since WME took over. Too cheap to compete with the big boys.
Wasn't a gift decision

But either way, the whole fight came down to misreading that single overhand counter and his eye closing up. Nothing works after you sustain an injury like that and to sustain it so early and still win is actuallty impressive to me

Bellators top guys at 145-185 are legit. There LHW division is weak and HW as a whole is a bunch of 40 year olds.

Wasn't a gift decision

But either way, the whole fight came down to misreading that single overhand counter and his eye closing up. Nothing works after you sustain an injury like that and to sustain it so early and still win is actuallty impressive to me

Correct me if I'm wrong but the whole point of a fight is to hurt that other guy and cause damage. If Moose got punched in the eye and it closed, that's the fight game.

That's the whole point of fighting lol

Only UFC fans will use this excuse.

"This fight doesn't count, he punched me in the eye and I can't see now" lol pathetic

Correct me if I'm wrong but the whole point of a fight is to hurt that other guy and cause damage. If Moose got punched in the eye and it closed, that's the fight game.

That's the whole point of fighting lol

Only UFC fans will use this excuse.

"This fight doesn't count, he punched me in the eye and I can't see now" lol pathetic
No, shlemenko landed a single punch and closed his eye. Good on him. He did nothing else and still got dominated for the majority of the fight. The skill disparity was clear even with mousasi's injury. The fact that shlemenko couldn't land a single left hand more even though mousasi could not see them coming speaks to Shlemenko's hand skill. It's bad. Mousasi was clearly the better fighter even with the injury, which is why he won

But yeah keep shitting on him

No, shlemenko landed a single punch and closed his eye. Good on him. He did nothing else and still got dominated for the majority of the fight. The skill disparity was clear even with mousasi's injury. The fact that shlemenko couldn't land a single left hand more even though mousasi could not see them coming speaks to Shlemenko's hand skill. It's bad. Mousasi was clearly the better fighter even with the injury, which is why he won

But yeah keep shitting on him

last time I checked the site you're on rn had Moose losing.

Just sayin

last time I checked the site you're on rn had Moose losing.

Just sayin
Doesn't really matter, the second round could have gone either way but mousasi had the more dominant positions by far

the UFC doesnt let Elite fighters go. They let guys past prime and people who ask to much and dont bring in any money go...

Whether they fight at UFC, Bellator, LFA, whatever organisation, they train at the same gyms anyway. What's so hard to understand?

the UFC doesnt let Elite fighters go. They let guys past prime and people who ask to much and dont bring in any money go...

They let the guy that beat the shit out of their current 170 champion go....if they fought again the beating would be even worse. Rory is younger lol

Back