5. Jose Aldo
6. Dominick Cruz
7. Georges St- Pierre
8. Frankie Edgar

Edit: Changing it to a top 8 list.

[strike]9. Tony Ferguson
10. Stipe Miocic[/strike]

Last edited:
That might be the worst list I've ever seen.

You need to define those "present standards"

Mine, in order:

1. Conor McGregor
2. Cody Garbrandt
3. Demetrious Johnson
4. Jon Jones
5. Jose Aldo
6. Dominick Cruz
7. Georges St- Pierre
8. Anderson Silva
9. Tony Ferguson
10. Stipe Miocic

Fixed

You need to define those "present standards"

I merely mean that we don't judge fighters by the context of their time but simply who would be the best if they all were around at the same time, with the same skills that they possessed during their time.

More like....

Fedor
GSP
Anderson
Jones
Aldo
MM
BJ
Hendo
Nog
Hughes

....or something similar.

I predict that Henry Cejudo is going to end up in the top 7 at some point in the future.

Last edited:
What's wrong with it?
You have names that should obviously be I the list aren't, and names that are there that shouldn't be. And there doesn't appear to be any logical progression to it.

Mine, in order:

1. Cody Garbrandt
2. Demetrious Johnson
3. TJ Dillashaw
4. Jon Jones
5. Jose Aldo
6. Dominick Cruz
7. Georges St- Pierre
8. Frankie Edgar
9. Tony Ferguson
10. Stipe Miocic

"P4P top10 ever by present standards"

cruz.gif

You have names that should obviously be I the list aren't, and names that are there that shouldn't be. And there doesn't appear to be any logical progression to it.

Anderson Silva - wrestling.
Fedor - weak competition.

Stipe? Guy is one of the best boxers in the UFC, a D1 wrestler that can use it effectively and has insane cardio by HW standards, in other words he's one of the few guys that is high level, well-rounded with no real weaknesses.

Just because you cannot identify the logical progression does not mean that it isn't there. There is a clear downward trend of striking ability among fighters that are wrestlers or anti-wrestlers, but with other considerations such as completeness.

Edit - Though I will say that 9 and 10 I am not entirely sure about. Perhaps I should have just posted my top 8.

Last edited:
Present standards Cody is GOAT...sounds like a Sherdog meme waiting to happen.

Please.

For someone who has terrific wrestling and carido that is defiantly impressive to boot.

Edit - not to mention arguably the best fighter ever at mental warfare once you get inside the Octagon.

Last edited:
Back