Ariel Helwani:"No Top 15 Welterweights Wanted to Fight Kamaru Usman"

nothing unusual there , kamaru is scary human being

In situations like this just give the guy everyone is ducking the title shot.

Woodley doesn't have a fight anyway

Yeah that's sad your a fighter fight anyone grow a pair of balls.

Doesnt surprise me in the least.

The looming spectre of a possible money fight with both Conor and GSP names been bantered about guys are being ultra conservative in the fights they take.

what they dont get is that makes an environment for someone to put on a performance and leapfrog the vets who have stayed inactive.

That's what I figured.

Colvington has been talking massive shit about the champ, but went limp and silent when Usman called him out.

Wouldn't be surprised if RDA and Lawler preferred the easier fight against each other instead of getting grapple fucked by Usman.

In situations like this just give the guy everyone is ducking the title shot.

Woodley doesn't have a fight anyway
but its not like the top 15 all ducked him, most of them already have fights scheduled, so in reality only a few fighters ducked him

and did they duck him because they were scared, or do they wanted an even higher ranked and better oponnent?

well, it's certainly hard to complain about RDA v Lawler, Thompson v Masvidal, Covington v Maia or Magny v Condit.

so that's 8 of the 12 guys ranked ahead of him.

Cowboy is fighting this weekend and isn't Ponzi fighting Platinum or something like that? if so, there's the top 10.

sometimes shit goes down like that.

(edited out the next unnecessarily snarky comment)

Last edited:
Would've been a great comeback fight for Condit, but I can see why Carlos wanted someone a little less risky, like Magny.

Usman should get winner of Perry/Ponz (if he isn't sent to Valhalla by Meek). Either way, it should be fireworks.

What do you do with the guy? He's a real problem.

well, it's certainly hard to complain about RDA v Lawler, Thompson v Masvidal, Covington v Maia or Magny v Condit.

so that's 8 of the 12 guys ranked ahead of him.

Cowboy is fighting this weekend and isn't Ponzi fighting Platinum or something like that? if so, there's the top 10.

sometimes shit goes down like that.

but please, don't let me rain on the sherdog "like OMG i cannot believe so-and-so is fighting #4, he's like so totally ducking #11" parade....

you do realize magny,condit,lawler, rda and ponz weren't booked for a fight when usman caled out the top welterweights right?

mike perry running for the hills
Platinum doesn't strike me as smart enough to know to duck Usman. If the fight went down Usman would destroy the trailer park champion.

you do realize magny,condit,lawler, rda and ponz weren't booked for a fight when usman caled out the top welterweights right?

nope, i'm thinking in real time here :) pardon the snark, it's just one of those days. cheers.

still, we don't get to have it both ways, eh? we have 4 top-10-v-top-10 fights on the docket. that is rare, and is usually considered a good thing.

thats crazy. Usman definitely deserves a top 10 guy. Meek is a good fight though

Back