5. Stipe Miocic
6. Max Holloway
7. Frankie Edgar
8. Dominick Cruz
9. Cody Garbrandt
10. Georges St Pierre

It's not hard to be skilled with good cardio when you're the size of a child

Two Things To Consider:
- He also said Jon Jones or anyone at Heavy or Light Heavy wouldn't be top 10.
- This was before the Mighty Armbar.

Last edited:
"...there are probably at least 10 fighters in MMA who I might consider more skilled than DJ all around...My original comment was more an exaggeration...."

ok.

1. GSP
2. Dillasnake
3. MM

imo

Ferguson, Khabib, Aldo, Stipe, Cruz, Dillashaw, Cody, Jon Jones, Daniel Cormier, GSP(if he shows up), Overeem, etc are all more skilled. Title defenses don't matter in a shallow division, unless you consider Ronda a top 5 of all time

DJ is the best complete Mixed Martial Artist.. but I do think GSP could be on that list (but his standup is a question, beyond his jab and kicks), and I also think Cody can be on that list (but his lack of ranked opponents thus far, and being new still in his career, leaves a lot to speculate and wonder about, until his resume catches up to him).

Being tiny is conducive to speed, agility, coordination and power to weight ratio.

<{you!}>

I'll go first, no specific order.

1. Tony Ferguson
2. Luke Rockhold
3. Joanna Jedrzeczyk
4. Conor McGregor
5. Stipe Miocic
6. Max Holloway
7. Frankie Edgar
8. Dominick Cruz
9. Cody Garbrandt
10. Georges St Pierre

Even if there are 10 people better than DJ (and that's not a bad accomplishment either) I don't think you got even 1 right. The fact that you would put a one dimensional striker who relies on excellent timing and a powerful straight left on the list is absurd.

Jack writes some good articles with good analysis...Having said that he said something so dumb he was forced to immediately take back the comment.

Sure it was embarrassing, but what is ever more embarrassing is that there are actually people in this thread who actually agreed with the very comment he had to take back for obvious reasons.

And rest easy everyone. If you're small it's easy to be as skilled as MM and have insane cardio...This is the level of intelligence sherdog has reached.

If Mighty Mouse was on a higher weight division with same skill set he wouldn't be champ.

xE9_vb.gif

If that happened @ 155lbs + he would've been KO'd clean, TKO'd, or atleast not recover as quick.

warmotherfuckinCREEPY3.gif~original

He would've been finished in a high weight class here as well.

His skills arn't that good but since manlets hit so weak...He can survive.....Also since Manlets have unlimited gas tanks, he can spam shots/takedowns.

Manlet Fighting is basically this

f1-rc-japan.jpg

RC Cars....You don't really have to manage Fuel consumption(cardio), and if you crash(KO Power), nothing really happens.

Real fighting AKA 155lbs+ = 900hp + beast

156bb996c559f7671fbc406d10f72749.jpg

Fuel Consumption matters(Cardio) so strategy matters a lot...Any little mistake and you are out(KO power).

Sorry but RC driving isnt more skillful than F1 driving.

Last edited:
Yes but he's also likely got the best cardio out of everyone at flyweight as well.

I'm not discrediting him. I was simply saying that while it's true that it's genetically a more achievable goal to obtain the speed and cardio of that level at his size, he nonetheless has done those things and he dominates his weight class, ergo... Rhetorical arguments aside, it is what it is.

Back