Kamaru Usman vs. Emil Meek Added to UFC 219 Dec. 30th (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Here's our answer as far as why this fight was booked:

UFC 219 so far:

Carlos Condit vs. Neil Magny
Dominick Cruz vs. Jimmie Rivera
Kamaru Usman vs. Emil Meek
Gokhan Saki vs. Khalil Rountree
Cynthia Calvillo vs. Carla Esparza
Myles Jury vs. Rick Glenn
Louis Smolka vs. Matheus Nicolau

Last edited:
Rooting for Usman as I can't stand Meek.

Let's go Kamaru!!! Let's go Kamaru!!!

Kamaru takes this one.
He could be a future champ to.

Should’ve got a top ten like you said but this fight is awesome so I don’t care lol

<{JustBleed}>

Usman is WAY too well rounded for meek.

That said, hoping Meek can at least land a couple of good shots before getting worked.

Fucking great fight!

cf7.gif

The UFC knows he beats the majority of the top 10 and doesn't want him to be champ

They think he's boring so they'll keep giving him nobodies so nobody knows who he is. Then when he eventually losses(they all do) they can cut him.

Just wait for it

Or this is one of the last fights on his deal and dont' want to pay him big money if he beats a top 10 fighter. One or the other but prolly more to the boring part

Lol usman starches meek. Give him someone in top 10

two up-and-comers. Good one. hmmm, tough choice though. I think ill go with Usman

Makes perfect sense
Top 10 is shook
He's the best grappler in the division. Good chance he could even control Maia for 3 rounds. The UFC needs to stop fucking around and give this dude the step up he deserves. This fight is a waste.

Wtf is going on with the matchmaking at welterweight? First we get Till v Cerrone which is a terrible matchup imo and now this.

Sooo very easy win for Usman. Why is he fighting down?

Why the fuck did they give Covington Maia and then Usman another unranked opponent

Yeah Usman deserves way better. His little rant with Helwani is aging well.

Back