The GOAT of MMA, Demetrious Johnson, on fighting at 135 lbs : "I'm just not interested"

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
“If somebody goes ‘you should go to 135’, my heart’s just not into it. I’m just not interested right now. If the money’s right, then I would, but I’m just not interested.”

"There was a point in time and I even went up to Matt (Hume) and was like ‘Matt, I think I’m ready to do it, I’m ready to go fight at 135, I want people at the edge of their seats like oh (expletive) the champ’s going to go fight at 135’. But he goes ‘there’s bigger things to do DJ’. He said if you can go out there and beat Anderson Silva’s record, that’s big. That’s what my goal is, and that’s where my heart is right now,” Johnson said.

Source: ScrapDigest

The GOAT of MMA, Ladies and Gentlemen

He already broke the record tho.. But he is like the smallest Flyweight, demanding him to fight at 135 is ludicrous..

So the Brock fight is gonna be contested at a catch watch then
I assume
<mma4>

Mighty Duck, GOAT in the 125, amazing skills, even fun to watch sometimes, but thats it...

Other GOAT candidate, Georges, moves up to 135 right now, pretty much after his career had ended.

Most champs haven't moved to higher division ever.

Anderson has one impressive trip to LHW against Griffin.

So, it's all not exactly common.

Dunno why people demand it from Johnson, lol.

Though it would be great, no doubt.

People demand it because his weight class doesnt have any real competition.
AS, GSP, Aldo, they have fought some legit contenders!

Other GOAT candidate, Georges, moves up to 135 right now, pretty much after his career had ended.

Most champs haven't moved to higher division ever.

Anderson has one impressive trip to LHW against Griffin.

So, it's all not exactly common.

Dunno why people demand it from Johnson, lol.

Though it would be great, no doubt.
BJ Penn and Randy Couture held titles in two divisions. Randy even lost and reclaimed both!

Not saying anything bad about DJ but if multi belts in diff weight classes are a major factor then Randy is GOAT.

People demand it because his weight class doesnt have any real competition.
AS, GSP, Aldo, they have fought some legit contenders!

no_medium.gif

I've witnessed and still remember constant bitching about Lutter, Leites being nobodies against whom Andy still've done poorly against.

And why the hell did he fight Cote, Irvin etc.

GSP strugling with 'bums' like Hardy.

Aldo struggling against Hominick.

Etc.

Division having 'no real competition' is always the result of a dominant run of a champion. Always.

It's certain extremely critical perspective that always occurs when some dude stays undefeated for a long time.

Trust me, I've seen enough Sherdog.

Of course he does not want to move, that means fighting people that looks a little bit more like grown man

This is how I'd imagine a Brock/Mighty Mouse fight would go......and I would gladly pay a bill to watch.friday-the-13th-sleeping-bag-death.gif

I wonder if anyone ever called the midgets from wwe "goat"?

To be fair MM is a very small BW. It's reminds me if when ppl asked GSP to move up. GSP was a smallish WW let alone MW. I know y'all want to see him lose but cody/tj gonna have to come down for it to happen.

I am not interested in any fight at 125 he has, unless I need help falling asleep.

i think hes just too good for his weight class.... gotta respect him as a fighter along with his UFC record. JS
And he hasnt had any usada or outside issues, which is good!!

Back