How much credit does the UFC brand get for PPV buys?

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think the last 2 events show very clearly, not much. Unless you think all those fighters on the last 2 cards have ZERO fans.

last 2 ufc's did an average of 110k buys....I say the UFC brings like 50k tops.

Why would Conor stay in the UFC? What do they bring to the table? 50k buys lol Conor will give them 50k buys for free if they let him fight on his own show and keep everything else

I think the last 2 events show very clearly, not much. Unless you think all those fighters on the last 2 cards have ZERO fans.

last 2 ufc's did an average of 110k buys....I say the UFC brings like 50k tops.

Why would Conor stay in the UFC? What do they bring to the table? 50k buys lol Conor will give them 50k buys for free if they let him fight on his own show and keep everything else

UFC diehard PPV buyers are lower than ever, but the brand still sells on other fights.
GSP/Bisping would not do as well on their own as they will with UFC name behind it.

I get what you are going for & the days of those three letters meaning a big fight are history, but the brand is still very important.

Stipe does 300k with UFC, he wouldn't do 100k without them.

17 credit

WelldocumentedSecondaryGalapagostortoise-size_restricted.gif

UFC diehard PPV buyers are lower than ever, but the brand still sells on other fights.
GSP/Bisping would not do as well on their own as they will with UFC name behind it.

I get what you are going for & the days of those three letters meaning a big fight are history, but the brand is still very important.

Stipe does 300k with UFC, he wouldn't do 100k without them.

How can you say the UFC brings 200k to stipe's fights when the last 2 events barely did 200k combined lol

There are soooo many new mma fans who've, never in their lives, watched a Pride, Strikeforce, Bellator, etc, fight. To these fans the UFC is MMA. Many don't even say "I'm an MMA fan" they say "I'm a UFC fan". Some even "train UFC".

So yeah...the UFC is basically surviving on it's past glory days.

How can you say the UFC brings 200k to stipe's fights when the last 2 events barely did 200k combined lol

Re-read what I wrote & if you are still confused & think Stipe can draw 300k on his own (away from UFC) than you are truly living a special life ;)

ufc brand is shit, it is the mcdonald's of mma except there is no value menu

II think he means Stipe + UFC as opposed to Stipe + Bellator.

Having said that I think the Wandy Shael Bellator event did well(I think Fedor and meathead was on that card).

II think he means Stipe + UFC as opposed to Stipe + Bellator.

Having said that I think the Wandy Shael Bellator event did well(I think Fedor and meathead was on that card).

That PPV did 100-120k. BFC was hoping for 250k

There are soooo many new mma fans who've, never in their lives, watched a Pride, Strikeforce, Bellator, etc, fight. To these fans the UFC is MMA. Many don't even say "I'm an MMA fan" they say "I'm a UFC fan". Some even "train UFC".

So yeah...the UFC is basically surviving on it's past glory days.
I train WEC

The UFC brand is worth the number of PPV buys of any Mighty Mouse PPV card minus 50 from his family, friends and teammates.

So about 115,000 - 50 = 114,950, that's the number of PPV buys that the UFC brand brings in.

The UFC brand is worth the number of PPV buys of any Mighty Mouse PPV card minus 50 from his family, friends and teammates.

So about 115,000 - 50 = 114,950, that's the number of PPV buys that the UFC brand brings in.

To say DJ, Tony, and Lee have no fans is BS

Even still, next Conor PPV he gets 90%, UFC gets 10% then....Conor does a million against anyone

A lot lol, only reason why UFC can put on lacklustre cards and sell around a 150k is because of their brand name. Any ppv without a huge star in boxing completely bombs now because they have no flagship brand.

If the UFC put on a ppv with nothing but no name bottom of the barrel fighters, nobody would buy it.

I'm pretty sure that 100,000 is bars and stripclubs

Back