There's no incentive for casuals to buy PPV's.

Megalodon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The reason why casuals don't buy non-Conor PPV's isn't because of the lack of quality, it's because they don't know who the fighters are, how is a casual fan supposed to know who Stipe Miocic is if he's never on tv ?

Why would they pay to watch fighters they've never heard of ?

It's time for the UFC to get rid of the pay per view model, or at least drastically reduce the amount they have. I think if they keep them they should reduce them down to 3 or 4 'super' PPV's a year.

They need to focus more on growing the sport through tv, have weekly cards with top fighters on them and have at least one title fight a month on tv.

I''m the biggest Conor hater alive but even I have to give the guy credit for his self promotion. Others have tried to use his formula...with laughable results.

UFC seems to be a fad TBH. Glory days every show did like 350K today it's like 150K. Conor maybe brings casuals and thats great but wont change the dynamic.

UFC seems to be a fad TBH. Glory days every show did like 350K today it's like 150K. Conor maybe brings casuals and thats great but wont change the dynamic.
Ferittas conned WME

During the randy and chuck era, you looked forward to waiting for cards, because they were always loaded with familiar fighters for the most part.

Now, it almost feels like half the ppv's are a burden to pay for or deal with.

I was a teenager when I paid for UFC 1 in 1993. I can count the amount of ppvs I've not bought on one hand. Probably not the smartest thing to do, but I liked being the place where everyone could come watch the fights.

Gsp vs Hughes 2, there was probably 40 people at my house for that card. Nowadays, about 5 people show up for the bigger cards of the year.

Fan interest has tapered down a ton lol

I think it's just over-saturation. People are so bombarded with cards they have lost their value and are taken for granted.

casuals dont buy shit.

im a hardcore fan so i buy fight kits, worn fighter uniforms (preferably pee stained female fight kits), UFC hotdog branders, fucking wristbands and all the shit. i got the original giblert fight kit. i buy every dvd ufc out there, every single ultimate submissions, ultimate knockouts, best ofs (years and fighters), tuf seasons, ppvs. i even got those secrets of the octogon vhs tapes.

i bet you casuals dont buy that stuff. so why would they buy a ppv?

the problem is this.....

and the fertitas had foreseen this (that's why they sold when they did):

the days of gsp's, Rondas, Liddels, Jones are over.

There are too many fighters on the roster that will never ever under any conditions ever be a star with names like volhamir vlochechski that don't speak english and will never be a draw.....ever.

-plus there is way to much goddamn saturation.

- PLUS EVERY CHAMP IS A UNDESIRABLE
-dj is hated.
-neck tats is a tool.
-max doesn't have the look or personality.
-fergie doesnt have that marketable look.
-woodley is hated for being a racist baby
-gsp will get owned by whittaker.
-cormier is paper champ, gets booed.
-stripe has the personally of a downs.

Last edited:
ufc ot greedy, they ripped off the hollywood idiots while getting a few last big gates with mcnugget, they only had to destroy two divisions, the hollywood idiots wouldnt know the difference

The reason why casuals don't buy non-Conor PPV's isn't because of the lack of quality, it's because they don't know who the fighters are, how is a casual fan supposed to know who Stipe Miocic is if he's never on tv ?

Why would they pay to watch fighters they've never heard of ?

It's time for the UFC to get rid of the pay per view model, or at least drastically reduce the amount they have. I think if they keep them they should reduce them down to 3 or 4 'super' PPV's a year.

They need to focus more on growing the sport through tv, have weekly cards with top fighters on them and have at least one title fight a month on tv.
The UFC's too busy trying to sell fighters like Page Vanzant and Kevin Lee to waste time trying to promote the heavyweight champ.

casuals dont buy shit.

im a hardcore fan so i buy fight kits, worn fighter uniforms (preferably pee stained female fight kits), UFC hotdog branders, fucking wristbands and all the shit. i got the original giblert fight kit. i buy every dvd ufc out there, every single ultimate submissions, ultimate knockouts, best ofs (years and fighters), tuf seasons, ppvs. i even got those secrets of the octogon vhs tapes.

How many ufc fighter tattoos do you have? I just got this bad boy the other day
cain-3546745.jpg

-plus there is way to much goddamn saturation.
I think saturation is one of the biggest problems that no one's talking about. The UFC simply has too many divisions and too many fighters on their roster. By consuming all these organizations like Pride, WEC, and Strikeforce, they've actually hurt themselves by watering down cards to the point nobody cares about more than one or two fights on a given card. I think it would be better if they cut their roster by about half and put on great fight cards.

If they kept the best fighters in the world instead of letting people like Mousasi and Rory go, than all of these other organizations would be looked at as the minor league, and they wouldn't be taking a huge amount of revenue away from the UFC. Prbbably the opposite.

casuals dont buy shit.

Lmao

Hmm.. I think you raise a good point.

Casual do suck though, I hang out with a a couple of mates and watch UFC events about every 6 events but I dont that is enough for them to get know who the fighters are.

The Conor and Ronda hype was pretty big here with the media in Aus and even non MMA fans knew who they are.*shruggs* so yeah I dont know.

Personally, I think the UFC is a niche sport. I'm like a sports hipster. I use to follow soccer but now mainly just MMA(UFC, Bellator and Rizin)

The problem isnt as bad as what Sherdog thinks.

Taking away the most shitty events and fighters would solve the problem. Stop making shitty WMMA divisions no one wants, and cut the bottom of the barrel guys too. Use that money to pay the top ten guys that get bid up by Bellator.

Do just a few events less a year, instead of 41 do 36 or 37. This would give us stacked PPVs and the same level of free cards, or a little better. Numbers would go up.

Viewing figures are so bad these days. They say UFC has got popular, but the old UFC events did much better numbers, just a little example.. UFC 8 did 300k (1996) . All the old UFC events at the start did better than the recent PPV's.

Back