Your Pre-UFC record means nothing.

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
The only exception is ex Pride, Strikeforce, WEC, maybe Bellator at the top 5. Otherwise its irrelevant to how well you will do. Here are the current champs UFC/WEC/Strikeforce/Pride records.

DJ:17-2-1
Cody:6-0
Max:14-3
Conor: 9-1 Tony: 14-1
Woodley: 16-3-1
Bisping: 20-7
DC:17-1 1NC
Stipe: 11-2

DC has the strongest record on paper, and Bisping the lowest, but Mike also has the most fights and wins.

Who has the best UFC W/L ratio?

Joanna and Khabib are both undefeated and 8-0 in the UFC so they probably have the best win/loss ratio.

Yeah because the actual level of your opponent has nothing to do how relevant that win is. Only organization matters.

All hail WME/IMG

Jon Jones has a 16-1 1 NC UFC record. Could've been 18-0 if he didn't screw up.

What about our pre-sherdog forum post history?

I was a pretty big deal on the official UFC forum in 2002 :cool:

Pre UFC record means nothing...Unless you're gaethje!!!!

He is one of the exceptions. He really didn't have great competition and people wanted him to fight the best. He is legit, but I am still not convinced that he is going to be champ just yet.

He is one of the exceptions. He really didn't have great competition and people wanted him to fight the best. He is legit, but I am still not convinced that he is going to be champ just yet.
Nah I was just playing. I think pre UFC records are important but not nearly as important as what happens in the big leagues. Gaethje is one of the few who takes a big leap in competition and looks ready

The UFC is absolutely full of cans these days. Unless you're beating ranked competition then it doesn't matter what org you are fighting for. Even if its the UFC.

I've seen pretty much every UFC event ever and I don't even recognize half the people on cards anymore. Randoms with 5-2 records and chicks pulled out of ghetto hair salons and shit.

Oh it matters a great deal..
Especially if you have losses.. they will be brought up every time to tell people "you" are really not that good and "you" will never improve as a fighter.

Well around here buddy, quoting yourself is the same as tucking your dick in your own ass

I know...I know...but because of my dubs I'm unable to edit a post. So I when I need to add a post script or afterthought I have no choice but to quote myself. Otherwise it would make no sense.

I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me :(

Yeah I think you are right TS, because MMA isn't that big. Outside of the main organisations is bush/local leagues..

Like Bellator has guys who are 0-0 professional records..

this is like people harping on bout post usada records...

Back