Prime HENDO GOAT?

JPM1223

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
He has the best resume, wins over the greatest fighters who ever lived,
WAND, Shogun×2, Fedor, Nog, Lobard, Bisping, Franklin, Belfort, Newton, Bustamante, Babalu, Palhares need I go on and on??!!
First guy to KO A GRACIE
Crazy fuckin resume of guys he beat

WAND, Shogun×2, Fedor, Nog, Lobard, Bisping, Franklin, Belfort, Newton, Bustamante, Babalu, Palhares need I go on and on??!!
First guy to KO A GRACIE

"First guy to KO A GRACIE "

Waldemar Santana KTFO Helio.

& Jack Russel KO George in 1938

Arguably the GOAT win list, on paper. Even still,there's a lot more to being GOAT than win list. Hendo is an ATG, no doubt about that though.

First guy to KO A GRACIE
Hendo potential top5 GOAT.

Top 5, but not the best.

I'd have Fedor, Anderson, and Bones over him. Hendo would be on the next tier with GSP.

What are the fights that best show Hendo's overall skill?

Not just the murder KO's (Bisping) and taking one to give one (Fedor, Shogun). Like the more traditional sense of a skilled mixed martial artist?

Wasnt he Pride champion when he fought Silva? Thats the GOAT.

What are the fights that best show Hendo's overall skill?
Not just the murder KO and taking one to give one. Like the more traditional sense of a mixed martial artist?
Hendo's a brawler/dirty boxer, with a granite chin, and 1-punch ko power. His wrestling pedigree looks really good on paper. But he was never a "skill" guy(to me anyway). That said, pretty much pick any of his signature wins...Wandy, Bisping, Fedor, Shogun, etc.

In his prime was absolutely destroyed by Anderson. Also lost a competitive decision to rampage. Those two prime losses eliminate any greatest of all time talk.

He was never the best fighter in a division at any point and he lost throughout his career, so no, he's not even in the conversation. Great fighter with a resume that looks better on paper than it is in reality, but not a candidate for the greatest fighter in the very brief history of MMA.

Not a chance. Hendo was great. He's a legend. But he's not the GOAT, because he never had a sustained run of smashing the shit out of anyone who went against him.

Back