Mr. Jones

• Thread starter Deleted member 385619
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 385619

All the bullshit about where turibol metabolites would show up in a test aside, Fact is Jones tested negative a few short weeks prior to his contest with Cormier. With that said whether you believe he is guilty or not we can all agree that taking that particular steroid would have no potency in that short period... right?

I prefer to go a different route and explain why I think Jones is guilty, perhaps I am wrong but this is my theory on the matter. Tyron Woodley said that JBJs greatest weapon is his ability to throw coution to the wind and try wild and unpredictable moves, that takes a tremendous amount of confidence. More than anyone should have. I have often wondered if he needs help gaining that confidence, up until he tested positive for PEDs that is. It's reasonable to think he wasn't cheating early in his career or even in the DC camp but as the pressure mounts coupled with long layoffs his confidence may have faded. So he took PEDs to help him feel like the Jones we witnessed 3-4 years ago.

Do you guys see this as a possibility? I have discussed it with psych majors who agree that it is possible as people seek any edge possible

Additionally, if his camp knew are they partially to blame? Wouldn't a placebo work if my theory holds weight?

Please discuss..... like gentleman

Last edited by a moderator:
He blew it TS. Jones isn’t the first athlete to piss away his talent. It’s more sad then anything.

All the bullshit about where turibol metabolites would show up in a test aside, Fact is Jones tested negative a few short weeks prior to his contest with Cormier. With that said whether you believe he is guilty or not we can all agree that taking that particular steroid would have no potency in that short period... right?

I prefer to go a different route and explain why I think Jones is guilty, perhaps I am wrong but this is my theory on the matter. Tyron Woodley said that JBJs greatest weapon is his ability to throw coution to the wind and try wild and unpredictable moves, that takes a tremendous amount of confidence. More than anyone should have. I have often wondered if he needs help gaining that confidence, up until he tested positive for PEDs that is. It's reasonable to think he wasn't cheating early in his career or even in the DC camp but as the pressure mounts coupled with long layoffs his confidence may have faded. So he took PEDs to help him feel like the Jones we witnessed 3-4 years ago.

Additionally, if his camp knew are they partially to blame? Wouldn't a placebo work if my theory holds weight?

I'll defer to the USADA

Do you guys see this as a possibility? I have discussed it with psych majors who agree that it is possible as people seek any edge possible

for the 114676th time, usada doesn't test for everything each time and they don't test for the same things each time.

We saw clean Jones against OSP imo.

This guy (who I actually like) went from a junior college wrestling scholarship to ragdolling grown, seasoned professionally fighting men in like 2 years because he gf got pregnant.

I think he's always been on something except OSP.

We saw clean Jones against OSP imo.

This guy (who I actually like) went from a junior college wrestling scholarship to ragdolling grown, seasoned professionally fighting men in like 2 years because he gf got pregnant.

I think he's always been on something except OSP.
He had major D1 programs trying to get him to join but his grades were shit. The dude has always had talent and a lack of brains

I get where you are coming from TS but that doesn't sit for me.

Jon Jones is a guy who has always preached that he achieves all things through his chosen deity, if he was lacking confidence I think he would turn to that instead and go with the "whatever is meant to be will be" now it's possible that was all part of his act and that he has maybe lost his "faith" but I don't think juicing would be his first thought on confidence.

for the 114676th time, usada doesn't test for everything each time and they don't test for the same things each time.
Mr Novitsky, an expert and employee disagrees. Refer to para 1, all the testing experts (you) aside

Sweet, a gay rendition of "Mrs jones" I am glad sherdog is so inclusive.

You are the guy who won't recognize his skill because of positive tests aren't you?
Jones doesnt recognize his own skill if he feels he needs the PED boost

paying someone to fix an election by stuffing the ballot box and then winning without needing the extra ballots is still a crime

ironic maybe, but still a crime

You are the guy who won't recognize his skill because of positive tests aren't you?

He is an incredible talent... but he cheats. What a waste.

I get where you are coming from TS but that doesn't sit for me.

Jon Jones is a guy who has always preached that he achieves all things through his chosen deity, if he was lacking confidence I think he would turn to that instead and go with the "whatever is meant to be will be" now it's possible that was all part of his act and that he has maybe lost his "faith" but I don't think juicing would be his first thought on confidence.
Any edge though right? I don't disagree with your theory but turning to PEDs for an edge isn't far fetched for a proven drug abuser

Back