Anderson was never a Chute Boxe/Pride fighter.

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do u guys agree?

I know he fought for them but he never embodied their spirit...

Hes a UFC/Blackhouse fighter though.

;)

In the early part of his career that was part of his weakness, being from the primitive caveman gym Chute Boxe. Grabbing guys behind the neck and allowing them to tee off on his head, egging hard hitters on to hit him. He had the chin to walk through all of this but it did him no favors. He did not have the body type for that type of fighting style. Anderson was genetically designed to use his long sharp limbs to counter-KO opponents.

Last edited:
Anderson can identify as anything he wants, it's 2017.

BIGOT

He's a chute boxe fighter for sure!

That little snake Ed just came in and made money off him once he made it and Anderson sold out

He learned how to fight at chute boxe

Facts on Facts

Anderson was a carbon copy of Pelé and his style. Of course he's a Chute Box guy.

Andersons first UFC fight.

Leben "I'm gonna send him back to Pride, where the competition is easier"

{<jordan}

He trained at Chute Boxe

He fought in Pride.

Zokl_f-maxage-0.gif
Zokl_f-maxage-0.gif

win.gif
win.gif

Pele's overrated as a pioneer.
How many fighters do you know that fought during the UFC 1 era and had both a striking and grappling background? 'cause Pelé did.
Him and Cordeiro were the prototype for Brazilian fighters for the next 25 years, with Muay Thai and BJJ.

Pele's overrated as a pioneer.
Pele beat Matt Hughes and pat millitiech. C'mon, tho this is irrelevant, Anderson is blates a chutebox and pride fighter.

Troll level for this thread is decent quality tho

How many fighters do you know that fought during the UFC 1 era and had both a striking and grappling background?
Him and Cordeiro were the prototype for Brazilian fighters for the next 25 years.

Grappling background huh. That was his weakness. He also lost to nearly every top fighter he ever faced, it's because he was unable to evolve in the sport.

Grappling background huh. That was his weakness. He also lost to nearly every top fighter he ever faced, it's because he was unable to evolve in the sport.
He never got good at Judo/BJJ, but he was training in it from the get go. Compare that to the Gracie's who didn't train shit for striking.
I don't think you understand what the word pioneer means, because you seem to think it has to do with success.

Pretty sure he's more of a chute boxe og than shogun...

He never got good at Judo/BJJ, but he was training in it from the get go. Compare that to the Gracie's who didn't train shit for striking.
I don't think you understand what the word pioneer means, because you seem to think it has to do with success.

Try Marco Ruas if you want a well rounded pioneer from that time.

Back