Can Khabib Nurmagomedov take Jose Aldo down?

James Edwart

Longdongus
@Yellow
Reaction score
Had Khabib accepted the Aldo fight (Remember, this is the perfect defense aldo that had just fought Frankie Edgar) how would that fight have played out?

He would probably not make weight.

Also, Aldo has great take down defense.
Aldo>Khabib

Hard to say, Khabib rag dolls everybody he fights but I could see Jose lighting him up on the feet and using that ninja tdd.

My mind says khabib but my guts tell me aldo. Edson fight could tell us alot about khabib

Ofc he would but khabib could never make weight to 145 so kinda pointless hypothetical

at aldo's age and stage in career I say khabib takes him down and fucks him up

at his prime though it would be really close and I think he would be able to defend the takedowns and keep the distance, especially with his muay thai

Ofc he would but khabib could never make weight to 145 so kinda pointless hypothetical

this fight would definitely be at 155

At LW of course, he's rag-dolled much bigger/stronger fighters with ease.

Could he keep him down is the question.

honestly khalabeeb has so many intriguing fights he needs to get his ass healthy ASAP

Ask this question after the Barboza fight. Barboza has the best TDD at LW and Aldo's TDD is better than his.

Aldo is near impossible to takedown... unless tired.

Lol, I hate khabib but I'd say this would be a total missmatch. Aldo gets murked

When it comes to TDD %1-10 it's goes(UFC)
Woodley
BARAO
JBJ
Eddie wineland
Tibau
Aldo
McCall
Magomedov
Cerrone
And number 10 is a female so not worth mentioning.
I'm surprised by a few names in there

Aldo is finished, Khabib will maul him. When bums like Holloway can finish that Brazilian then Khabib will literally kill him.

Who couldn't he take down is the real question.

Well to be fair we have to compare Prime Aldo to prime Khabib.
In that case I day Aldo stops the TD and hurts Khabib on the feet no problem.
Prime Aldo is a buzzsaw who would never be taken down by someone who has absolutely no striking to set it up with.
Prime Aldo embarrasses Khabib.

Could you imagine this fight taking place without either guy pulling out?

Yeah. It'd be super hard but Khabib's grappling is top tier. With the size and strength advantage, he could make it work. He get stuffed a lot in the process tho.

Back