Will UFN Sydney be the worst attended ufc event in history?

HIMBOB

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Seems that screwing over the pinnacle of local talent in his home town could very easily lead to the Sydney show being near empty.

Im a sydney guy, fairly well in touch with the local scene and i don't know a single soul who is planning on going.

I was planning to go with about 7 mates but now none are keen.

Every time someone mentions it in social media its followed just a stream of abuse at the ufc and a declaration of basically boycotting it.

This was the ufcs best market in terms of % of population who watch, so anything less than high attendance is telling.

Feel terrible for Tai as he is a great guy and was very keen to see his debut, but no way no how am i going.

Edit. Espn posted a good article on hunt being pulled.
Http://www.espn.com.au/mma/story/_/...-hunt-says-clear-fight-demands-resolution-ufc

"He says he was evaluated by a neurosurgeon and psychologist, both of whom cleared him to fight."

Also 3 fights left on his contract.

Last edited:
Similar boat here. Pulling Hunt annoyed all of us.

if its empty could be the last Sydney event for yonkers, thought Perth would get one by now

Hopefully no one shows up because they pulled Hunt

Was gonna fly down from Brisbane with my friends and Brothers and meet up with about 10 other guys and brothers and make a weekend of it.

But Hunto being pulled pissed off about 50% of us. I am still going to Sydney but to chill with my Brother and two half Sisters.

#feelsbadman

Well, I’m not going so that settles it.

Was gonna fly down from Brisbane with my friends and Brothers and meet up with about 10 other guys and brothers and make a weekend of it.

But Hunto being pulled pissed off about 50% of us. I am still going to Sydney but to chill with my Brother and two half Sisters.

#feelsbadman

How many siblings do you have!?

You swap like 1-2 fights with the week before fight night - like guida vs lazon and you got a decent card

they seemed to bank on a hunt only card and now hunts off

Probably not, the UFC name still sells well

Always hated fans who decided to go/not go events for 1 fighter

Always hated fans who decided to go/not go events for 1 fighter

If Hunt got injured it would be very different. I'd still go.

They screwed over the home town hero that's very a different thing.

Oh well you arent you a special little mma fan

I know you are making a sarcastic comment in your head, but some of us really do care about seeing any UFC fight live, not just the homeboy main event star

If they booked an event in my city I'd buy tix without seeing the card

You swap like 1-2 fights with the week before fight night - like guida vs lazon and you got a decent card

they seemed to bank on a hunt only card and now hunts off

Its not the lack of Hunt, it is why there is no hunt.

Hunt really didn't get screwed over. The guy should definitely retire at his age and the amount of damage he's taken.

Back