Video : Chael Sonnen is stunned GSP is considered an underdog.

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Chael weighs in on GSP vs Bisping.

He has competed with both of them personally, Bisping in the cage, and Georges in sparring.

He is SHOCKED to see folks, even top UFC fighters such as Luke Rockhold, discounting GSP in this fight.

He thinks its going to be a very competitive match-up, and says that St. Pierre will be faster AND stronger than Bisping, despite the 4 year absence.

He says Georges never stopped training, despite his hiatus from competition.

Love St Pierre. But I can see him as the underdog. This is a tough fight. Bisping maybe hated, but the guy can be impressive. I expect a war!!!

He didn't look that good his last fight... which was 4 years ago... I thought Hendrix won easily

Chael is wrong sooo much that it's almost confirmation that GSP should be the underdog.

I love GSP but Bisping is active, KO'd Luke, is active, hard to keep down, is active, and is also an active fighter.

I think GSP should have had some kind of warmup fight before thinking he'd beat a guy who has competed pretty well TWO weight classes above him who is currently fighting, is champ, and KO'd Rockhold.

And he's an active fighter in addition to the above.

this endless car drive format is for some reason 10X more enjoyable than the red on black audio only podcasts...

I think seeing his face helps him seem sincere- I used to always picture him sporting a shit eating grin on the "Youre Welcome" audios.

even better are the narrated sparring/grappling sessions.

Chael is a Lord.

Firstly, I will say it's refreshing to see Chael offering some sensible educated analysis with none of his "own agenda bullshit" facade layered over the top.

Secondly, I still think even in today's modern world of smart phones and super-fast broadband, oddsmakers and book-keepers still struggle to provide effective credible odds on MMA fights - no matter how high-profile we as hardcore fans may perceive the fight to be. Because the sport is not mainstream enough yet. It's too unpredictable. I mean who actually ever thinks taking a bet on an MMA fight offers a decent potential return on investment? I can't think of anybody. And the oddsmakers know this. Hence why they don't break their backs trying to offer fantastic odds, because they know MMA is one of the few sports where you can study all the algorithms, but it still remains the fact that any fucking thing can happen at any time.

That's why I don't hold much stock in who is considered "favorite" in these fights and by how much.

Chael knows. Once in a while he shows poor judgement like that spinning shit vs. Anderson and a few other minor slip ups. He’s got it right here though.

He didn't look that good his last fight... which was 4 years ago... I thought Hendrix won easily
I had Hendricks winning too, but not easily. Thought it was 3-2 for Hendricks.

GSP has added mass, I don't think he'll be faster (or at least much faster) than Bisping

People expecting prime GSP to show up are in for a rude awakening imo
I expect he'll be slow and hesitant, might even gas due to the weight he's added and the pace Bisping pushes.

Last edited:
I had Hendricks winning too, but not easily. Thought it was 3-2 for Hendricks.

Ur right 2nd time I rewatched it I thought it was closer but I remember watching it live I thought that shit was a fucking robbery maybe because it was so surprising I dunno lol

Finally the only opinion I cared about in regards to this fight.

Sonnen bless

Who the fuck names their kid Chael???

Well legend has it that one night in the quiet cosy sitting room of a house in West Linn, Oregon, the Angel Gabriel visited Mrs Sonnen and said to her "You will have a child... and you will name him Chael..."

Give her a break man, she didn't exactly have much fucking choice did she

The whole thing is click bait for the betting website that sponsors Chael. Georges is not the underdog. Chael throws out this line, and plugs the website.

Back