Best fight of 2017 so far?

Probably not on alot of peoples list, but I really enjoyed Ortega vs Moicano

There was some drama in that boxing match a while back.

Gaethje vs Johnson seems like the safest pick. Lots of great fights this year, though.

Easy – me vs my landlord. So I’ve been living in this bachelor for years, ever since I told mom I wasn’t putting up with her shit any more and I wasn’t going to sell out for a rent free basement.

Boom. Good. So landlord pops up on the 2nd of the month with that “my rent money” talk. I kindly inform him it’s only the 2nd of the month and I’m barely late. I use the “chill Winston” line from Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (or was it Snatch??) trying to inject humour. I’m obviously NOT being aggressive.

HE starts poking his finger in my face talking about checks and dates. I tell him that mom would often get my help paying for things around the house, but then again she didn’t come to me on the 2nd of the month poking her finger in my face. Word to the wise, right?

He keeps pushing his luck. I tell him I don’t want to fight with him but I’ll defend myself. He keeps ignoring the issue and going back to the rent money. Finally, I show my humanity and snap. Touched him once, twice, with the jab. Rocked his whole face backwards because he was in mid-air-poke and didn’t even see it coming. He stumbles back but can’t even get his hands to his nose before I follow it up with the straight right hand. I felt so much like Conor in there that I accidentally raised my hands up!

Anyway, I put them back down when I realize he’s only staggered. I hit him with the left uppercut, and he’s against the wall so his head only goes upright and it’s prime for the hook. But no. I touch him with the jab again and he crumples, leaving a head shaped indent in the wall. I point at him and emphasize that he went down to the jab and that I didn’t even have to throw the hook.

So it was fast, yes, but when I closed the door I felt the best I have in my whole life for about 12 minutes. The legal stuff is still being handled but at least I’m back with mom and I know she loves me. I wish I had the presence of mind to have filmed it. I’d put it up for you guys for sure.

And dude was way taller than me, like 6’4” and don’t try giving me that “yeah but he was old” crap. My friends tried that on me. One day I’ll be old too. Until then, beware the f**king jab, man. I’ll touch you with it…

Jones vs DC
Edgar vs Almeida
Beast vs. Brown
Perry vs. Jake
Ponz vs. Nelson

For reference, here are all the FOTN winners this year, starting with most recent:

Lando Vannata vs. Bobby Green
Jéssica Andrade vs. Cláudia Gadelha
Gregor Gillespie vs. Jason Gonzalez
Jeremy Stephens vs. Gilbert Melendez
Alexander Volkov vs. Stefan Struve
Brian Ortega vs. Renato Moicano
Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Lyman Good

Danny Henry vs. Daniel Teymur
Yoel Romero vs. Robert Whittaker
Michael Johnson vs. Justin Gaethje
Li Jingliang vs. Frank Camacho
Mark Hunt vs. Derrick Lewis
Max Holloway vs. José Aldo
Alexander Gustafsson vs. Glover Teixeira
Chase Sherman vs. Rashad Coulter
Cub Swanson vs. Artem Lobov
Tim Elliott vs. Louis Smolka
Shane Burgos vs. Charles Rosa
David Teymur vs. Lando Vannata
Derrick Lewis vs. Travis Browne
Dustin Poirier vs. Jim Miller
Jéssica Andrade vs. Angela Hill

Augusto Mendes vs. Frankie Saenz

My favorites are Johnson/Gaethje, Ortega/Moicano and Andrade/Gadelha. Johnson/Gaethje for the momentum swings, Ortega/Moicano for the technical brilliance, Andrade/Gadelha for the gore.

Last edited:
Easy – me vs my landlord. So I’ve been living in this bachelor for years, ever since I told mom I wasn’t putting up with her shit any more and I wasn’t going to sell out for a rent free basement.

Boom. Good. So landlord pops up on the 2nd of the month with that “my rent money” talk. I kindly inform him it’s only the 2nd of the month and I’m barely late. I use the “chill Winston” line from Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (or was it Snatch??) trying to inject humour. I’m obviously NOT being aggressive.

HE starts poking his finger in my face talking about checks and dates. I tell him that mom would often get my help paying for things around the house, but then again she didn’t come to me on the 2nd of the month poking her finger in my face. Word to the wise, right?

He keeps pushing his luck. I tell him I don’t want to fight with him but I’ll defend myself. He keeps ignoring the issue and going back to the rent money. Finally, I show my humanity and snap. Touched him once, twice, with the jab. Rocked his whole face backwards because he was in mid-air-poke and didn’t even see it coming. He stumbles back but can’t even get his hands to his nose before I follow it up with the straight right hand. I felt so much like Conor in there that I accidentally raised my hands up!

Anyway, I put them back down when I realize he’s only staggered. I hit him with the left uppercut, and he’s against the wall so his head only goes upright and it’s prime for the hook. But no. I touch him with the jab again and he crumples, leaving a head shaped indent in the wall. I point at him and emphasize that he went down to the jab and that I didn’t even have to throw the hook.

So it was fast, yes, but when I closed the door I felt the best I have in my whole life for about 12 minutes. The legal stuff is still being handled but at least I’m back with mom and I know she loves me. I wish I had the presence of mind to have filmed it. I’d put it up for you guys for sure.

And dude was way taller than me, like 6’4” and don’t try giving me that “yeah but he was old” crap. My friends tried that on me. One day I’ll be old too. Until then, beware the f**king jab, man. I’ll touch you with it…
You know none of this ever happend. The real story is you were about to fight and you both got injured at the last second. So yall moms fought as a late replacement main event and WME put it in ppv for 60$

You know none of this ever happend. The real story is you were about to fight and you both got injured at the last second. So yall moms fought as a late replacement main event and WME put it in ppv for 60$

And?? So what if you're right?? These are my dreams and you just shit on them like they didn't matter! Mom was right - she said something about life knocking her down (after the fight) and what she had to do about it but I forgot the second part...

TL/DR

I skimmed the end for mention of Chuck Norris but upon not finding anything I've decided you're an idiot.

Proof of your idiocy? How about the fact you KNOW you're "barely late", which is LATE, but still feel entitled to your bullshit.

Ok, so YOU skimmed and failed to notice that instead of Chuck Norris, I substituted the God of fighting Conor MacGregor, and tell ME I'm stupid???

Fuck it then. Come at me, bro. I will absolutely touch you with the jab, son. You're in a world of hurt and you don't even fkn know it.

Some ppl clearly need a lexicon to look up what "barely" means.

Glad i went to johnson gathje live...that arena was half filled but fuckin loud during that fight

Back