Wanderlei Silva vs Gilbert Yvel, Who would have won back at Pride 11?

If the kick never happened, who wins?

• Total voters

UL

no more yellows
Banned
Reaction score
Had Wanderlei Silva not thrown that kick

Wand unless Gilbert tried to bite his dick off or something.

Anything can happen. Yvel was a monster in Pride. Wand was the axe murderer still. 55/45 Wand

Wanderlei is overrated. Yvel would of kicked his head off.

Wand by RNC. Yvel never had a ground game.

The fans

Realistically wand would have won via DQ from yvel being a nut job. I still remember watching that fight live, we were all so pumped huge fan of both guys. One of the most disappointing outcomes of a fight I can remember.

I think Wanderlei would have won a decision with his grappling. It's such a fascinating matchup. It truly is one of the most anticlimactic finishes in mma history.

Yvel can legit beat anyone on any given day. He has that kind of stupid power and skill

But he can also lose to pretty much everyone as well. He's nuts and a lose cannon....I'd never in a million years rely money on him

Last edited:
LOL....Yvel's the one that overrated....whats his biggest win...Goodridge?
He actually had some decent wins over:

Carlos Barreto
Tamura
TK
Schilt
V. Overeem
Ricco Rodriguez
Pedro Rizzo

Not bad...

He actually had some decent wins over:

Carlos Barreto
Tamura
TK
Schilt
V. Overeem
Ricco Rodriguez
Pedro Rizzo

Not bad...

Ricco and Rizzo were shells of their former selves at that time....Yvel does/did have talent...but he lacked mental fortitude...

Wand.

Yvel has no ground game what so ever, and although Wand was more of a striker he wouldn’t shy from pounding someone out from on top. Also watching Yvel get fouled was incredibly satisfying. Heard Wanderlei actually broke Yvel’s cup with that kick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back