The UFC record of ranked Flyweights.

Megalodon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
1. Joseph Benavidez (10-2 Flyweight, 2-0 Bantamweight)
2. Henry Cejudo (4-2 Flyweight, 1-0 Bantamweight)
3. Ray Borg (5-3)
4. Sergio Pettis (7-2)
5. Jussier Formiga (6-4)
6. Wilson Reis (6-4)
7. Brandon Moreno (3-1)
8. Ben Nguyen (4-1)
9. Dustin Ortiz (6-5)
10. John Moraga (7-5)
11-0. Tim Elliott (6-6)
12-0. Alexandre Pantoja (2-0)
13-0. Louis Smolka (5-4)
14-0. Magomed Bibulatov (1-1)
15-0. Ulka Sasaki (2-2 Flyweight, 1-2 Bantamweight)

Just made this out of interest considering all of the discussion about the quality of the division lately.

It's a small division and they're mostly fighting one another. If there were more of them, they'd have more opportunities to pad their record with people outside the top 15. Those numbers don't tell us anything about quality.

Looks like a competitive division, where anyone in the top 15 can realistically have a shot to beat anyone else.

Really makes DJ's accomplishments look even more impressive and his greatness stand out, good find TS.

Last edited:
The wins will look better in 5 years.

Some turd tried to tell me the other week Horiguchi isn't a "good" win because he's not a former champion or has no "notable" wins. This is the type of logic 90% of DJ detractors use. Is the flyweight division super strong? nah, but it's got its fair share of talented dudes.

DJ fought like two legit Guy in that division.

#notmygoat

The wins will look better in 5 years.

Some turd tried to tell me the other week Horiguchi isn't a "good" win because he's not a former champion or has no "notable" wins. This is the type of logic 90% of DJ detractors use. Is the flyweight division super strong? nah, but it's got its fair share of talented dudes.
Horiguchi is a stud. Losing him was just as bad as losing Mousasi.

Demetrious Johnson

30 fights

27 wins
2 losses
1 draw

17 fights in the UFC

Experience matters

No wonder he is the best in this division

Last edited:
It's a good division.

For someone whose at 11 title defences, it's amazing there's still so many guys DJ hasn't fought yet. I guess Horiguchi, Dodson, and Bagautinov aren't there anymore.

this division have an Olympic gold medalist.
Ronda had a fucking bronze medal, and retards salivated when talking about it.

But @ FLW division, he is a nobody.

I think that, to call an Olympic gold medalist a can, logic claims that the division is so full of killers, that an Olympic gold does not even compute around there....

this division have an Olympic gold medalist.
Ronda had a fucking bronze medal, and retards salivated when talking about it.

But @ FLW division, he is a nobody.

I think that, to call an Olympic gold medalist a can, logic claims that the division is so full of killers, that an Olympic gold does not even compute around there....
An Olympic Gold Medalist Wrestler whose better at striking in MMA then he is at wrestling.

Last edited:
MM has fought less than half the divisions top 15
Oh I know, but a good division should get a some new blood every so often just to keep the top 15 on their toes imo. DJ still has Cejudo and Pettis right now. Ben Nguyen shows promise.

Oh I know, but a good division should get a some new blood every so often just to keep the top 15 on their toes imo. DJ still has Cejudo and Pettis right now. Ben Nguyen shows promise.
UFC went on a spree of signing new undefeated flyweight talent in 2017.

At time of signing. Joseph Morales (8-0), Roberto Sanchez (7-0) , Magomed Bibulatov (14-0), Jarred Brooks (13-0), Deiveson Figueiredo (12-0), Naoki Innoue (11-0), and Carls John de Tomas (6-0).

Also top guys like Alexandre Pantoja 18-2. We'll see how it all plays out.

UFC went on a spree of signing new undefeated flyweight talent in 2017.

At time of signing. Joseph Morales (8-0), Roberto Sanchez (7-0) , Magomed Bibulatov (14-0), Jarred Brooks (13-0), Deiveson Figueiredo (12-0), Naoki Innoue (11-0), and Carls John de Tomas (6-0).

Also top guys like Alexandre Pantoja 18-2.
Which was good. It's still new so more numbers never hurt.

In terms of actual mixed martial art skill it is one of the most stack divisions in the UFC

The problem is that people just mistake name value with skill. They think if they don't know a guy it's because he is a bad fighter and not because they do not pay attention.

DJ is not the MMA fighter that should have to conform to racist stereotypes, like that of the "thug" or the over the top arrogant "baller" just to sell a fight.

If people really need to be sold fights based on WWE antics instead of actually like watching MMA, then we all might be witnessing the gradual shift away from MMA as a legitimate martial arts competition toward more of a pro-wrestling style half-real, half orchestrated event.

Maybe it never was a sport, but it's never been more apparent. People want a story line. They want a face, and a heel. They want big throbbing muscles and American MTV action stars.

Essentially they want the WWE, they just want it to feel real.

It's the fact that the supposedly dedicated fans demand the shallow crap above substance. Look at the discussions on this forum. There's very little discussion of technique, or highlights. it's mostly junior high griping, and shit flinging. Hardcore fans are not being replaced with the same.

Last edited:
About what I expected. Not many prospects in the division. Time for a Mighty Mouse "Super-Fight" !!!

Back