Is GSP vs Bisping going to be the 1st fight where both the champ and challenger immediately retire?

INoHespectChael

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I actually hope they both stick to their words so we can actually see the MW division going back to normal with the #1 contenders fighting each again.

It beats watching Bisping defending against 50 year olds and a WW who has been retired for 4 years and never had any interest in fighting at MW until Bisping became the champ.
"But one thing I can tell you for sure, that I’m one fight from retiring for good. This, I can tell you for sure. If I come back and I lose, this is it for me."
-GSP

“This might be my last-ever fight. I don’t know if I’ll fight again after this. What a way to go out if it is. … I don’t know (if I’ll retire). Maybe, there’s a possibility. This may be my last fight. So if everyone wants to see Michael Bisping get knocked out, this is your last chance to do it, guys.”
-Bisping

GSP will win, then defend against Whittaker. After that he retires as the undisputed GOAT.

I see this as more plausible than Bisping actually defending against a top 5 contender.

Sad to see GSP waste his comeback in this fight. Honestly don't care who wins or what happens afterward.

I find it highly unlikely either one of them defends the belt against a proper MW contender.

I actually hope they both stick to their words so we can actually see the MW division going back to normal with the #1 contenders fighting each again.

It beats watching Bisping defending against 50 year olds and a WW who has been retired for 4 years and never had any interest in fighting at MW until Bisping became the champ.
Gsp ain't retiring yet he wants that conor fight

We can only hope that's it for Bisping but if he wins he'll probably call out Matt Lindland.

"I retire"

"No, I retire"

"I retired first"

"Oh no you didn't"

If GSP beat's Bisping and defends against Whittaker and Rockhold. The GOAT discussion would be over.

Back