UFC/WME chose to pay/sign 38 year old USADA Jacare over 5 fight win streak 32 year old USADA Mousasi

Toner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Gegard Mousasi was on the MMA hour yesterday and he confirmed that UFC/WME gave Jacare a new big money contract before his fight with Whittaker in order to get him to sign. Meanwhile, they only offered Mousasi a 20K dollars raise after Mousasi made Weidman quit and became a free agent.

Basically, UFC chose to pay and keep 38 year old USADA Jacare over 5 fight win streak 32 year old USADA Mousasi.

Did WME make the right choice with their investment?

Thoughts?

Last edited:
i think moose makes the div more interesting so i would choose him if i had to

obviously not. Jacare got beat down in his next fight

I don't know why they didn't resign Mousasi. Kind of crazy a guy with a record like his will never fight for a UFC belt.

Hmm I think Jacare is a huge star in Brazil maybe..?

Also we don't really know hard numbers for both of them.

Uhm the Ufc offered Mousasi a contract and had another offer on the table.

Mousasi chose Bellator for other reasons besides money

Jacare doesn't go on tirades at press conferences and sound like a whiney douche because other fighters make more money.

Jacare can at least be a great addition for Brazil cards.

Mousasi is not a draw, and he doesn't have a home town fan base to fill seats either

As far as UFC is concerned, thats the end of the story

Jacare doesn't go on tirades at press conferences and sound like a whiney douche because other fighters make more money.

Heaven forbid people have opinions about their own careers

WME breaking my balls. Some guy inthe office realized they could save characters in a spreadsheet cell if they didn't have to type Mousasi in it.

ay my :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Jacare got paid

VcAEGqK.gif

It does seem a strong trend that fighters who moan about pay publicly don't win. Still, for excitement and rank I thought they would've wanted him for sure.

In hindsight maybe. At the time, Jacare was ranked higher, had a dominant win over Mousasi, was more popular than him, and was on the verge of getting the belt.

Do something about it then

All Moose did was bitch, cry and act like some entitled piece of shit

So when he was fucking guys up, finishing his last 4 opponents, going 6-2 in his last 8.. and you know, doing his job... that wasn't "doing something about it?" He was calling out big names, but he wasn't getting them.

There is absolutely no consistency in how the UFC pays its fighters or issues title fights and you're an idiot if you think fighters should be happy (and quiet) with every decision they make. Good for him for going to a place where he will get better pay and better treatment.

So when he was fucking guys up, finishing his last 4 opponents, going 6-2 in his last 8.. and you know, doing his job... that wasn't "doing something about it?" He was calling out big names, he wasn't getting them.

There is absolutely no consistency in how the UFC pays its fighters or issues title fights and you're an idiot if you think fighters should be happy (and quiet) with every decision they make.

This is all his fault

Not UFC

Guys who draw get paid money. You cant deny that

This is all his fault

Not UFC

Guys who draw get paid money. You cant deny that

What the fuck are you talking about. Guys that draw are guys that the UFC promotes. The UFC chooses who they promote based off of how they fucking feel when they wake up in the morning.

UFC is not letting a draw go to bellator

Moose was not a draw and never tried to be a draw

His career trajectory is all on him

UFC is not letting a draw go to bellator

Moose was not a draw and never tried to be a draw

and when did you divas start caring more about which males look better infront of a camera than you did about how they fight in the cage. Jesus christ, you aren't a promoter. You don't make money off of the UFC's PPV sales. Stop encouraging this shit lmao

"well his facial features REALLY don't compliment the lighting out there so I just don't think he's pretty enough to be on my poster. he doesn't deserve a big contract imo tbh"

Heaven forbid people have opinions about their own careers

Moan about your own pay? Fine. But nobody respects someone who bitches about someone else's pay.

and when did you divas start caring more about which males look better infront of a camera than you did about how they fight in the cage. Jesus christ, you aren't a promoter. You don't make money off of the UFC's PPV sales. Stop encouraging this shit lmao

"well his facial features REALLY don't compliment the lighting out there so I just don't think he's pretty enough to be on my poster. he doesn't deserve a big contract imo tbh"

Makes no difference to me

I can watch Bellator and UFC both

I am not restricted to 1 MMA promotion

Moose is the guy who lost out on something

Back