Why don't more MMA fighters jump rope?

Draper

Bronze Bomber
@purple
Reaction score
Tony Ferguson did it for UFC 216 but aside from him I never see MMA fighters jump rope. It's good for footwork and conditioning.

I could see Shogun and Wand doing double Dutch.

Pretty sure it isn't exactly rare.

Yeah bro,

Why don't fighters ever do squats too?

Never seen Max Holloway do them before for example - WHY?!

Because UFC fighters prefer Hopscotch for improving their footwork and conditioning

We got ropes at the gym. You tryna bang?

Because Reebok don't have an official rope for them

Because Reebok don't have an official rope for them
GwYzQSs.gif

Pretty sure almost all of them do

You think guys are doing that Ido Portal shit and not jumping rope? Get real

Skipping is used by boxers for cardio, but it's also used to teach them to be constantly in motion on their feet, never staying flat on the balls of their tootsies.. Wrestling, Muay Thai and grappling don't really require that as much, the stances and movement are a lot different.

Also, it's surprisingly difficult. Like using a yo-yo or a slinky corretly. Adulting is hard.

Skipping is used by boxers for cardio, but it's also used to teach them to be constantly in motion on their feet, never staying flat on the balls of their tootsies.. Wrestling, Muay Thai and grappling don't really require that as much, the stances and movement are a lot different.

Also, it's surprisingly difficult. Like using a yo-yo or a slinky corretly. Adulting is hard.

In my experience Muay Thai training can have more of that stuff, skipping, bouncing on tires, shadow boxing without punches etc.

Back