Amanda Nunes lacks draw power?

SLG-Bearjew

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I've noticed an article discussing the fact that Nunes isn't a PPV draw. Ufc 215 was a dud for sure, I can say I didn't buy it. That was due more to the fact that the card as a whole was very underwhelming, though.

Personally, I would much prefer to watch Nunes fight then say mighty mouse.

Nunes was also coming off a headlining PPV that she backed out of last minute, which I'm sure played a roll in buys.

So, do you think it's a true statement that she's not a draw? Or do you agree that it was more circumstantial?

This is my first post! And hopefully I'm not repeating something that's already been discussed

She's not the reason I'd buy a ppv, that's for sure.

Anyone who tries to argue that Nunes Is a draw Is quite delusional. I will watch her fights like I watch every fight but

In the grand scheme, nobody cares about her. Literally nobody.

It is a true statement that she is not a draw, If she was interesting to the public - pulling out of one fight would not matter.

Let's not forget she got plenty of exposure headlining UFC 200 and headlining against Ronda and smashing her into bits - it's clear if those things didn't make her a draw, nothing will.

No one wants to pay to see a gay female fighter fight when casuals think majority already are. If she was gorgeous it would probably get a pass. A gay male on the other hand would actually raise Pvv sales.

Honestly, at this point I feel like she hurts cards more than she helps them. Not hating..but people just really don't like her.

Nunes is clearly not a draw,

Mighty Mouse and Nunez are 2 belts I don't give a fuck about

I've noticed an article discussing the fact that Nunes isn't a PPV draw. Ufc 215 was a dud for sure, I can say I didn't buy it. That was due more to the fact that the card as a whole was very underwhelming, though.

Nunes was also coming off a headlining PPV that she backed out of last minute, which I'm sure played a roll in buys.

So, do you think it's a true statement that she's not a draw? Or do you agree that it was more circumstantial?

This is my first post! And hopefully I'm not repeating something that's already been discussed
Why do you prefer watching Nunes, Over Mighty Mouse?

Definitely not a draw for me. I personally dislike her attitude and sinusitis.

No, she's not a draw. Don't let UFC 200 or the Ronda Rousey PPV confuse you. She had absolutely nothing to do with those numbers. The mainstream doesn't even know who Amanda Nunes is. That's partially the UFC's fault for ignoring their champion and focusing all their attention on Ronda Rousey. That was a huge missed opportunity to introduce Amanda to the world.

Nunes couldn't turn her fight against Ronda into starpower, and she pissed off Dana with pulling out of a fight. Plus, her English isn't superb, and if you can't talk the talk, your ability to sell fights is going to suffer.

Why do you prefer watching Nunes, Over Mighty Mouse?
I just think Nunes has been more entertaining then MM. Granted, his latest finish was out of this world, but on a whole I find his fights to be snooze fests. If he does finish a fight it seems to take him until the last round to do it

Her lack of draw power has everything to do with her being a lesbian.

Its like; hey the women fighting champion is a lesbian what a surprise. Nothing interesting to see here.

She's not a strong breadwinner role model like Joanna or Holm or Rousey.

Not a draw my ass! She’s the future of WMMA!!

C21C2DA8-61CE-4860-BEC9-F1029FEBBD09.jpeg

She's lesbian, not very attractive and beat Dan's wife

Are you surprised they swept her under the rug after the Rousy fight?

I told my friends to come watch 215. 1 of them said "who is fighting?" I said Amanda Nunes. He said "Amanda who-nez?"

Back