Has this been the year for most fighters cancelling fights?

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
Seriously ... like what is up

Does anyone have stats?

@jeicex ?

2014 was worse I believe, or was it 2013...one of those years was just filled with stupid bad luck.

So much so, the UFC implemented a program to help fighters stay healthy with advice on training etc.

I have no stats, but I said it, so it must be true - clearly.

No stats, but it looks like whenever I look forward to a card someone ends up like Cain.

Not sure which year had the most but I know a few reasons why it feels like it in 2017:

1. Higher number of cards. Higher number of injuries. Simple math. Weekly cards mean weekly injuries.

2. Weight cutting. Fighters are cutting more than ever. This results in more health issues with cut. We have seen many pullouts like Khabib, etc.

3. Money/legacy on the line. Fighters these days are more hesitant to take a risk. Fighters of the past fought more frequently and were less scared to lose therefore they likely were often injured going into their next bout. Today fighters are more likely to pull out over minor injuries. They only want to come in 100%. Every loss these days could possibly mean them getting cut (HUGE UFC roster) or not getting a title shot for the rest of their careers.

4. "New innovative training methods!"

5. USADA

6. Tiramisu

This is what happens when fighters can't take anything to heal and recover

No stats, but it looks like whenever I look forward to a card someone ends up like Cain.

0mUPmfC.gif

cain-velasquez-shoulder-surgery.jpg

2d2ay9s.jpg

BVn2kGI.gif

Not sure which year had the most but I know a few reasons why it feels like it in 2017:

1. Higher number of cards. Higher number of injuries. Simple math. Weekly cards mean weekly injuries.

2. Weight cutting. Fighters are cutting more than ever. This results in more health issues with cut. We have seen many pullouts like Khabib, etc.

3. Money/legacy on the line. Fighters these days are more hesitant to take a risk. Fighters of the past fought more frequently and were less scared to lose therefore they likely were often injured going into their next bout. Today fighters are more likely to pull out over minor injuries. They only want to come in 100%. Every loss these days could possibly mean them getting cut (HUGE UFC roster) or not getting a title shot for the rest of their careers.

4. "New innovative training methods!"

5. USADA

6. Tiramisu
Whahaha, tiramisu;-)
Good one

Back