Do people really think Mike Perry is superstar material?

KB Warrior

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
People talk about him like he can be a future champion and ppv star. Is this serious or just an inside joke that I missed?

a84ddf9c8e2be237985d882b46b30b77.jpg

Not sure if he'll ever be champ, but if he can string enough KOs together, I can see him developing a decent following.

Inb4 haters

Exciting fighting style, 100% finish rate, only 26 years old, interesting personality. He has the potential.

Very interesting personality.
Bullyish, loudmouth, racist - and definitely not smart.

The only one of those that are applicable is "loudmouth." The rest you just heard here and think it's trendy, otherwise specific examples please...

You could be "bullyish, loudmouth and racist", and still have an interesting personality. I'm not saying Perry is one of those things though; he seems like a cool guy.

His fights are always exciting...he has an underdog element about him....he has charisma and does funny shit

most importantly though... his fights are exciting

His personality is way too ghetto. I don't like him or his fans.

Yes like Mike Tyson if he continues waxing fools.

The only one of those that are applicable is "loudmouth." The rest you just heard here and think it's trendy, otherwise specific examples please...

The whole Hyun Gyu Lim fight and what surrounded it,
His behavior in the weigh ins, twitter remarks with using "funny Asian" name instead his real one, supporting his camp shouting racist remarks during the fight.

I can go on and on, but why should I? Here is the compilation:

https://middleeasy.com/mma-news/overwhelming-evidence-ufc-fighter-mike-perry-absolute-trash/

I think most reasonable MMA fans (excluding the nuthuggers) who have witnessed his mediocre rise have been shocked as to where it's coming from, almost as if there is some type of social media push that is clearly hyping a nobody to get somewhere fast. When you lose to a model and very average fighter, it's safe to say the guy is just an overblown loudmouth and he's got an IQ no bigger than a mosquito. He always has a punchers chance, but it ends there. That doesn't mean he won't get wins and a hype behind him because peeps love to jump on bandwagons and suck on some Platinum balls to get praise. Bottom line he'll eventually be a footnote that will end up in a another organization.

No.....it all started as a joke to make fun of Conor fans....then people started hopping on the bandwagon not knowing it was a joke....

The guys who started this joke are kicking back and laughing their asses off at all the people who weren't in on it.....they're the bronies of sherdog....

Don't understand the hate for Perry, he's shown excellent adulting skills since joining the UFC.

The whole Hyun Gyu Lim fight and what surrounded it,
His behavior in the weigh ins, twitter remarks with using "funny Asian" name instead his real one, supporting his camp shouting racist remarks during the fight.

I can go on and on, but why should I? Here is the compilation:

https://middleeasy.com/mma-news/overwhelming-evidence-ufc-fighter-mike-perry-absolute-trash/

Meh. I am a minority and I don't find those things in the article particularly racist. Sure the corner comment was racist, but he can't control what another man (his corner) says. As for the N word, he wasn't using it in a derogatory manner. You are entitled to your opinion though.

I think most reasonable MMA fans (excluding the nuthuggers) who have witnessed his mediocre rise have been shocked as to where it's coming from, almost as if there is some type of social media push that is clearly hyping a nobody to get somewhere fast. When you lose to a model and very average fighter, it's safe to say the guy is just an overblown loudmouth and he's got an IQ no bigger than a mosquito. He always has a punchers chance, but it ends there. That doesn't mean he won't get wins and a hype behind him because peeps love to jump on bandwagons and suck on some Platinum balls to get praise. Bottom line he'll eventually be a footnote that will end up in a another organization.

Right because good fighters never lose a single fight, and young fighters never improve...

Back