Why hasn't Europe or Asia had more success in UFC/MMA?

Trifick

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
UK and Russia dominate boxing. But it hasn't translated to MMA. What is it, the camps, lack of training facilities, lack of wrestling, what? US and Brazil are still running everything.

p03xbv4f.png

Not sure what you're on about with Russia, but wrestling/grappling in general isn't real big in Europe. Kind of hard to find a lot of success in MMA without a solid grappling foundation.

Last edited:
Bisping's awesome. But obviously he's an anomaly. And he lives in America, and trains in America. I figured by now Europe and Russia would have a good MMA base where you wouldn't have to leave.

We´re too busy driving our Ferraris and Porscha's

Bisping's awesome. But obviously he's an anomaly. And he lives in America, and trains in America. I figured by now Europe and Russia would have a good MMA base where you wouldn't have to leave.
joanna-jedrzejczyk.jpg

She lives and trains in Florida. Look at her weight class. Look at the top ten. It's all Americans and Brazilians that she's fighting, one other polish chick. And most other weight classes are the same thing But again, why are you guys posting pictures of anomalies? I'm trying to get to the bottom of this. A couple special fighters from Ireland, and Poland, and UK, but other than that, they don't have a system. A foundation of talent and gyms. Look at Brazil. They pop out a new Brazilian contender every week.

Conor
Bisping
N'gannou
Joanna J
Schevchenko
Volkan all gave something to say about that.

She lives and trains in Florida. But again, why are you guys posting pictures of anomalies? I'm trying to get to the bottom of this. A couple special fighters from Ireland, and Poland, and UK, but other than that, they don't have a system. A foundation of talent and gyms. Look at Brazil. They pop out a new Brazilian contender every week.

Wait, so two current champs are European and they are merely anomalies?

UK and Russia dominate boxing. But it hasn't translated to MMA. What is it, the camps, lack of training facilities, lack of wrestling, what? US and Brazil are still running everything.

Because in Europe they're playing true A level sports like football(and boxing)with high pay.Not D level MMA for peanuts.

Also,
Conor
Joanna
Bisping
Mousasi
Overeem
Gunnar

Are the among the best in MMA as well.

Last edited:
Conor
Bisping
N'gannou
Joanna J
Schevchenko
Volkan all gave something to say about that.

Ng'gannou's in America.(Don't know where.) Bisping's in America,(California) Joanna's in America (FLorida,) Schevhenko in America (lives in Houston,) don't know about Volkan. But do you not understand the main point that I'm making?

Nam Phan
Korean Zombie
The Leech guy
Stun Gun
small Stun Gun
Karate Hottie
Kevin Lee

What for?

Asia´s already got the GOAT & a slam-dunk Mount Rushmore dude.

Saku pissed.gif .

Yeh, Europe only hold 3 belts right now

Look at Brazil. They pop out a new Brazilian contender every week.

how many brazilian champions are there currently?

Simply put I don't think its as popular as in the US or is the background arts that make up MMA.

But fighters that do come up seem to find great success.

Hopefully Kyoji Horiguchi will continue proving how good he is.

Last edited:
Wait, so two current champs are European and they are merely anomalies?

Yes, out of 8 weight classes, 2 champions in divisions filled with Brazilians and Americans. Look at the top ten in Conor's division. Conor's the only Englishman, then one Russian. That's it. Look at Bisping's division, top 10. All US and Brazil. One Australian. I'm making a point about having a structure. UK and Russia don't have. I at least assumed Russia would have one by now. I think they're getting better. Not UK though.

Back