Corey Anderson is shook (and triggered)

What's the rustled status of his Jimmies?

That is kinda stupid for Corey to say.

Pat would likely miss a week of training to get rid of the Staph and return to the gym. That would set him back a lot when the fight is only a few weeks away.

Throw Tyson Pedro in there.

Or even better,

CiLYXM_WsAAEqEq.jpg-large.0.0.jpeg

I understand the frustration though.
You are at the tail end of your training camp.
3 weeks to go and your opponent call it quits...

Don't know if there's enough time to find a new fighter, and even if they find one, a win brings you nothing (since the opponent will have short/no camp), so it is now risky at best.

Throw Tyson Pedro in there.

Or even better,

CiLYXM_WsAAEqEq.jpg-large.0.0.jpeg
Couldn't find a better picture? Holy shit that quality is awful.
On another note, 3 weeks is enough to find and adjust for a decent replacement, especially when it's on such a big card as 217.

He's shook because he wants his opponent to make it to fight night instead of pulling out {<huh}

Pat would likely miss a week of training to get rid of the Staph and return to the gym. That would set him back a lot when the fight is only a few weeks away.
Yea I think he's just trying to shame Pat into fighting. That way he fights a diminished Pat. Easy win. Kind classless though.

Isn't it better to know who your fighting 3 weeks out instead of a last minute change?

Actually Cummins is being generous, since this gives the UFC tons of time to find a replacement. As opposed to continually waiting even closer to the fight & pulling out the day before weigh ins

Pat is a game dude, he's had wars.

STFU Corey

"Just cut it open and drain it" haha sounds like a 5 year old...It's not that simple, dipshit...staph infection can be a very dangerous thing...and not all staph is the same..somes staph can kill you...and if the meds aren't even helping at all...they've probably reasoned it's going to take quite awhile for that shit to go away...probably be on antibiotics for the next month..

I understand the frustration though.
You are at the tail end of your training camp.
3 weeks to go and your opponent call it quits...

Don't know if there's enough time to find a new fighter, and even if they find one, a win brings you nothing (since the opponent will have short/no camp), so it is now risky at best.
It's better to call it quits far out from the fight than to drag it to the day of weigh-ins and not to give enough time to find a replacement, as it's happened time and time again.

...and you know this information because of your extensive fight history? How many times have you had staph?

It's comical when keyboard warriors try to call out fighters on shit they know little or nothing about.

"Just cut it open and drain it" haha sounds like a 5 year old...It's not that simple, dipshit...staph infection can be a very dangerous thing...and not all staph is the same..somes staph can kill you...and if the meds aren't even helping at all...they've probably reasoned it's going to take quite awhile for that shit to go away...probably be on antibiotics for the next month..
Exactly, I'm seriously puzzled how a man, a fighter, who has to have some basic knowledge and sense about staph would come out and say shit like this. The fatigue from the antibiotics alone would drain Cummins in the lead up. It's a write-off and this guys trying to shit on Cummins like he's choosing to pull out. We've all know Pat's a gamer, he wouldn't call it if he didn't want to. Poor judgement in going public with what I'm guessing is his initial reaction like that.

Yea I think he's just trying to shame Pat into fighting. That way he fights a diminished Pat. Easy win. Kind classless though.

Isn't it better to know who your fighting 3 weeks out instead of a last minute change?
How is giving your fellow fighter advice on how to overcome a common problem in MMA gym, classless? Would you say this same bullshit if Conor said this to Tony under similar circumstances?

I agree it is better to know who you are fighting 3 weeks though...

Back