What would Mighty Mouse have to do for you to call him the GOAT?

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
He's probably going to end his career with various win records for championship/title fights

Where is he now on your GOAT list if his career was to end today
and

What would you like to see for him to move up your GOAT list

Win at a division higher? Beat a high profile FLW? Keep smashing the FLW record? Avenge a loss to Cruz?
Do some combination of all?

what say you

Not make Dom Cruz look like Brock @ BW.

Fight someone that people actually know would be a good start.

Grow a few inches.

No, but seriously, he would have to - at least- become a dominant force at 135.

Used to watch WEC and think he was an unreal talent, then when he faced certain bigger fighters it just neutralized his game. I think he is truely the GOAT at FW but nothing else, P4P is for fighters who have a style that can't be beaten regardless of weight IMO

tenor.gif

Beat some top 135'ers because they are legit UFC calibre fighters, unlike the jabronis he is beating at his weight class.

I don't see how people consider these guys high level. Just because they're "well rounded" doesn't automatically mean they are really good fighters.

Benavidez is well past his prime and I am not even convinced anyone other than MM and maybe Cejudo can beat him.

Take a 2 years break so the division has time to build some new names

Or

Fight the loser of TJ VS Cody for a Flyweight title fight

Take another fight against another no name while the BW champ is fighting a contender

Fight for the BW title (against Cody or TJ)

It would be the golden era of the small guys

Go to Japan and win a 16 men BW tournament fighting 4 fights in 2 days.

Take a 2 years break so the division has time to build some new names

Or

Fight the loser of TJ VS Cody for a Flyweight title fight

Take another fight against another no name while the BW champ is fighting a contender

Fight for the BW title (against Cody or TJ)

It would be the golden era of the small guys
Both Cody and TJ have expressed interest in dropping down to fight DJ if they win

Used to watch WEC and think he was an unreal talent, then when he faced certain bigger fighters it just neutralized his game. I think he is truely the GOAT at FW but nothing else, P4P is for fighters who have a style that can't be beaten regardless of weight IMO

tenor.gif
That is why you have Fedor, BJ Penn and then everyone else. Johnson is a hell of a fighter, for his weight class, don't know what his natural weight is.

Nothing will ever please the haters ts.

This is not the usual lack of respect due to size, its just he's beating fighters that no-one gives the slightest damn about.I'm a diehard MMA fan & have been since UFC 4, I acknowledge MM is a very talented fighter but often I have to look on Fight Records to work out who his latest opponent is.

He needs to go up in weight and face known guys like Cruz, TJ, Cody etc. If he achieves success there then we can talk about GOAT, but based on what he has achieved so far its not even close. I'd struggle to justify him even in a GOAT top ten list.

MM is the greatest of his division and has unreal skills. I think GOAT discussion is inappropriate when discussing him because you can't really compare.

Be the betting favorite against every mma fighter ever.

Last edited:
Be a normal sized man because he's fighting in a class with 40x less fighters than BW-LW.

Only people I see his height are elderly and starved as children during WW2.

He's probably going to end his career with various win records for championship/title fights

Where is he now on your GOAT list if his career was to end today
and

What would you like to see for him to move up your GOAT list

Win at a division higher? Beat a high profile FLW? Keep smashing the FLW record? Avenge a loss to Cruz?
Do some combination of all?

what say you

I think the only thing needed is to extend his reign for longer.
Fedor, GSP and Silva had longer reigns.

Just keep doing what he is doing, it is well on his way to leapfrog them.

Back