Cris Cyborg vs. Holly Holm?
Amanda Nunes vs. Holly Holm?

something else?

edit:

Daniel Cormier vs. Volkan Oezdemir?
Robert Whittaker vs. Luke Rockhold?
Robert Whittaker vs. Chris Weidman?

Last edited:
Khabib-Tony, Diaz-Mcgregor in 2018, so that mcgregor has more time to think of a new way of ducking Khabib/Tony

DC vs Volkan was rumored I thought?

If Bisping or GSP retires, maybe they could do Whittaker/Rockhold or Whittaker/Weidman at UFC 219. Whittaker said he could fight late this year, but it'd only allow for a short recovery from knee injury.

I think the UFC would aim for Conor-Ferguson with Holm-Cyborg co-main.

Then Khabib-Edson on the card too.

If Bisping or GSP retires, maybe they could do Whittaker/Rockhold or Whittaker/Weidman at UFC 219. Whittaker said he could fight late this year, but it'd only allow for a short recovery from knee injury.

Whittaker won't be ready by then, I don't believe. His leg/knee got shredded, that shit takes a while.

Conor said he won't fight this year, DC and Whittaker won't be ready. Will probably have to settle for Cyborg vs Holm.

They likely want Conor/Tony or nate with Cyborg/Holm co main and thats a huge PPV but not sure COnor will fight again this year so its probably Cyborg/Holm.

I think thats a big enough fight to main event that card, with the right push thats a PPV that can do 500k which is great in 2017.

UFC 219 main event's gotta be 10 of the manlets from the Flyweight division fighting each other in the cage at the same time. .

Card so far

Cruz/Rivera
Condit/Magny
Saki/Roundtree
Jury/Glenn
Calvillo/Esparza
Smolka/Nicolau

Something like this would be a good card

Cyborg/Holm
Weidman/Jacare
Khabib/Barboza
Cruz/Rivera
Condit/Magny

I like Weidman, but he is 1-3 in his last 4. He was only fighting elite fighters, granted, but I feel like a TS is not within reach yet.

Maybe Rockhold-Weidman 2 and then a TS for the winner?

Card so far

Cruz/Rivera
Condit/Magny
Saki/Roundtree
Jury/Glenn
Calvillo/Esparza
Smolka/Nicolau

Something like this would be a good card

Cyborg/Holm
Weidman/Jacare
Khabib/Barboza
Cruz/Rivera
Condit/Magny
Such a card would be pretty amazing. Not sure about the drawing power, but for fight fans it would be great.

Conor/ Tony would be my bet with Khainjured vs whoever

Conor McGregor vs. Tony Ferguson?
Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz?
Tony Ferguson vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov?
Cris Cyborg vs. Holly Holm?
Amanda Nunes vs. Holly Holm?

something else?

edit:

Daniel Cormier vs. Volkan Oezdemir?
Robert Whittaker vs. Luke Rockhold?
Robert Whittaker vs. Chris Weidman?

Conor & Tony. - Anyone else is just stupid and makes no sense.
Tony & Conor - Anyone else, and it will ONLY make sense if Conor leaves MMA or forfeits his belt.
Whittaker Should fight Bisping Next. - Anyone else, and it will ONLY make sense if Bisping retires or plead the injury card. In that case, Bisping should forfeit the belt and Luke should fight Whittaker for the MW Belt.

Weidman should not be in any talks against top 3 contenders. Maybe someone from top 10 then, if he wins, maybe then get him a top 5.

As for Amanda, her WC is in turmoil with the departure of Tate & Ronda (and Juliana having a baby).
Valentina is the only top fighter that is active and fighting, but they just rematched. So there's no sense for a rematch right now.
Maybe GDR can fight, btu I dunno how willing UFC will be to get her a title shot.
Pennington & Cat are barely active, and IMO the UFC should do a better job of making them fight.

Where's Stipe at?

Khabib-Tony, Diaz-Mcgregor in 2018, so that mcgregor has more time to think of a new way of ducking Khabib/Tony

Conor dosen't need to duck Khabib, he beats him easily.

Back