GSP Looks Old, Slow, and Stiff

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
Hopefully hes adjusted his style because he isnt the same GSP anymore. Looks like the new added weight and layoff definitely affected his movement and striking. Way too much bulking and gymnastics to be a legit well-rounded martial artist anymore.
Hes pretty much going to have to rely on caging Bisping and laying on him because his striking looks legit terrible for how fast and explosive he used to be.

Expect this to be a boring fight unless Bisping manages to hurt GSP.

Theres a reason in his training videos theres none of him wrestling and grappling. That is his trump card because his striking is bad.
As opposed to Bisping. Who looks a good amount more fluid. Bisping should be training his counter wrestling because that is all he needs to look out for imo.

Last edited:
Bis is gonna fuck up GSP. Too big.

That face when Bisping stuffs the double

Or

That face when Bisping gets up with ease from GSPS best double leg

:eek:

Bis is gonna fuck up GSP. Too big.
I actually expect GSP to be stronger with all the bulking and gymnastics training. GSP takes his S&C the most serious besides someone like MM and Dillashaw. But Bisping looks a good bit faster and fluid.

Jason Parillo is extremely underrated as a trainer, dude is amazing.

GSP is the man! I really hope he beats Bisping and retires him!

Wait, what??? He looks almost the exact same as before. He's never really blown me away with his trianing footage, but then come fight night, he's on point. And I'm not taking anything from these brief trianing clips.

You do understand fighters aren't always going full bore on all their workouts, right?

You'll know how sharp he is during the media day workouts, any maybe not until he hits the cage. Unless you've seen him at 100% in the beginning of his workouts, and completely fresh, you can't say anything.

TS is overexxagerating, a lot.

Whats everyone around here going to think when he jabs bisping for 5 rounds?

Wait, what??? He looks almost the exact same as before. He's never really blown me away with his trianing footage, but then come fight night, he's on point. And I'm not taking anything from these brief trianing clips.

You do understand fighters aren't always going full bore on all their workouts, right?

You'll know how sharp he is during the media day workouts, any maybe not until he hits the cage. Unless you've seen him at 100% in the beginning of his workouts, and completely fresh, you can't say anything.

TS is overexxagerating, a lot.
You gotta admit that added mass definitely makes him look stiff.

When will you people learn that training footage means nothing without context? We don't know how long he's been training or how hard during that session of the video.

GSP looks slow blah blah blah he looks stiff blah blah blah he sucks blah blah blah

I've been hearing that shit for 10+ years... in the end he always comes prepared and performs.

ya he does look slow in those videos but maybe he isnt throwing as fast as he can??? the only thing i dont like is that flipping shit he keeps doing.. i dont want him rolling a fucking ankle or something damnit :mad:

GSP should get on the Sherdog protocol. Guaranteed "results."

Fight night will tell. 4 year layoff is no joke.

You gotta admit that added mass definitely makes him look stiff.

He's always looked stiff to me. It's his neck, and traps. Makes him look like he can't turn his head. And he's always had kind of a non flexible way of throwing those mitt kicks.

Don't really know the name for it, or how to describe it, but he's always looked like that to me.

That first vid is from February 2016 and the 2nd is from March 2017, the fight is November 4th. We know GSP is going to come fully prepared, we all know he had ample opportunity, he'll be his best and far smoother with his overall game come fight night.

Looks like he moves damn good for a guy with two reconstructed ACLs plus an added 25lbs

I seriously doubt he's showing much of anything In the videos he's releasing. Definitely not his real training with Roach or anything.

It's all smoke n mirrors, don't take It too seriously.

Back