Stipe is About to Take a Year Off and No One Even Cares

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score

And all he does is post pictures like these to remind us that he is still the champ. Meanwhile Conor takes a year off and everyone loses their shit. Don't get me wrong, I like Stipe and get what he's doing but it's kind of a disservice to the fans to sit out for so long when you're healthy. Assuming Werdum or the Reem/Ngannou winner gets the next shot we probably won't see him in there until next April or May at the earliest. Pretty disappointing if you ask me, heavyweight title fights are always interesting in the MMA world. Thoughts?

It's heavyweight. We had to deal with Velasquez in that division. Doubt he's going into a boxing fight while making piss poor excuses to avoid any and al talk of a title defense.

As far as threads meant to fella e Canor go, this one is weak.

Which one has had more title defenses?

download (2).jpg

If Ngannou can do that... its on baby!!!

<20>

Can't wait.

Meh he's a subpar champion, but I do enjoy his fights

Aye, how can you hate on Stipe? You can't unless you're a POS.

He got married and went on his honeymoon. He was the most active champion before his wedding and requested time off for it. He deserved it and now he's back active.

And all he does is post pictures like these to remind us that he is still the champ. Meanwhile Conor takes a year off and everyone loses their shit. Don't get me wrong, I like Stipe and get what he's doing but it's kind of a disservice to the fans to sit out for so long when you're healthy. Assuming Werdum or the Reem/Ngannou winner gets the next shot we probably won't see him in there until next April or May at the earliest. Pretty disappointing if you ask me, heavyweight title fights are always interesting in the MMA world. Thoughts?

Stipe has defended his belt. Conor hasn't once...ever.

Well it's not like he has an interim champ on a 10 fight win streak waiting for him.

I don't like both. but it's ok, he's warming up the belt for ngannou

He got married and went on his honeymoon. He was the most active champion before his wedding and requested time off for it. He deserved it and now he's back active.
Fighting once in 2017 is active? Ok man.

no, he's already whining about his pay and want to renegotiate contract and what not. he's becoming another prima donna

Stipe fought
  • 3 times in 2012
  • once in 2013
  • 3 times in 2014
  • once in 2015
  • 3 times in 2016
  • once in 2017
He will be more active in 2018.

Dude just KOed Werdum, Reem and JDS back to back within a round. The man deserves more money.

no, he's already whining about his pay and want to renegotiate contract and what not. he's becoming another prima donna

Wouldn't you? He's at the peak of his career with the UFC heavyweight title. It only makes sense to get every dollar he can as he has the most leverage right now.

Wouldn't you? He's at the peak of his career with the UFC heavyweight title. It only makes sense to get every dollar he can as he has the most leverage right now.
but he doesn't generate much return, that's the problem. me as a fan I want to see these guys defend. but you're right about miocic, he was pretty active before that, so he has some credit. but I hope he doesn't become another champ that just duck everybody

I must have missed the long line of HWs on huge win streaks waiting for a title shot. He defended his belt twice and the last time was just like 5 months ago. Who's the #1 contender that he's supposed to be fighting?

Back