Tony's Defense

Airdack

sandbagging white belt bjj classes
@Black
Reaction score
Lets address the elephant in the room. Tony's defense is terrible for a top LW. Every fight he's in he gets tagged repeatedly coming in. Regarding his chin, Lando, who can be pretty sloppy at times, put him on queer street. Now I'm not saying he's not versatile and have good defensive in other aspects, but boxing wise his defense is atrocious.

People point to Nate to compare to Tony but its a different story. Nate rolls with punches well and usually gets hit at the end of punches. Tony has a BAD tendency to get hit coming in. Everybody Tony fights hits him coming in. The Lee and Barboza fight are great examples of this. Conor's bread and butter is Tony's weakness.

If anybody wants to bring up the grappling, Tony hasn't shown any real wrestling game. Most of his subs come from counter wrestling. Now who the fuck knows what Tony could pull out his ass grappling wise but otherwise this doesn't look good for him,

Keep it technical.

Nate Diaz ducked Tony? What the fuck are you talking about?

He's going to push a pace that Conor cannot keep up with. By the 3rd, Tony is going to have Conor in trouble and he won't stop and has way more tools than fucking Nate Diaz.

Conor is great. Fantastic even. It won't matter when Tony recovers after the 1st and Conor starts to fade.

These guys are my 2 favourite LWs and I am fairly confident Tony is going to win.

Facts.

Tony's very hittable and his boxing is very...non traditional to say the least.

This is a winnable fight for both men which is why the UFC had better make it happen!

Lets address the elephant in the room. Tony's defense is terrible for a top LW. Every fight he's in he gets tagged repeatedly coming in. Regarding his chin, Lando, who can be pretty sloppy at times, put him on queer street. Now I'm not saying he's not versatile and have good defensive in other aspects, but boxing wise his defense is atrocious.

People point to Nate to compare to Tony but its a different story. Nate rolls with punches well and usually gets hit at the end of punches. Tony has a BAD tendency to get hit coming in. Everybody Tony fights hits him coming in. The Lee and Barboza fight are great examples of this. Conor's bread and butter is Tony's weakness.

If anybody wants to bring up the grappling, Tony hasn't shown any real wrestling game. Most of his subs come from counter wrestling. Now who the fuck knows what Tony could pull out his ass grappling wise but otherwise this doesn't look good for him,

Keep it technical.
Lee just said today Tony keeps his chin up in the air as part of his game plan because he judges distance so well. It enables him to dictate pace. Lee said Tony beats the hell out of Conor and that Tony is the real champion. He specifically said "Tony wouldnt get caught lunging in with Conor." The real elephant in the room is the whole ducking money fight circus. The elephant in the room is the champion ducking a healthy interim champion.

People are so intent on convincing the world Tony or conor will win, people need to relax. Both have equally strong paths to victory and who ever implements the better game plan on the night will win.

Nate Diaz ducked Tony? What the fuck are you talking about?
No I brought up people, saying Nate surviving with Conor can justify Tony surviving with Conor cause their similar.

He's going to push a pace that Conor cannot keep up with. By the 3rd, Tony is going to have Conor in trouble and he won't stop and has way more tools than fucking Nate Diaz.

Conor is great. Fantastic even. It won't matter when Tony recovers after the 1st and Conor starts to fade.

These guys are my 2 favourite LWs and I am fairly confident Tony is going to win.
How will Tony last til 3 rounds when he gets hit every fucking time he's coming in? I love Tony and rather him become champ but I'm realistic about it.

This doesn't negate the fact that EVERY single person Tony has fought has landed on him hard, including Lando rocking him. Tony has bad boxing defense and is going to be facing one the hardest hitting boxers in the lower weight classes.

Holy fuck I love that Nate choked out then survived 5 rounds with Conor. It's making people forget how good they guy actually is in the cage regardless of his bullshit money making antics.

It's called the Ultimate Fighting Championships not the Ultimate Punching Championships all this tagging you say Tony receives but as yet to pay for this bad habit. The book on Conor is a very short read avoid the the left hand, don't over extend on your punches and don't leave your punches hanging. Drag his ass into deep waters check the clock because he'll adrenaline dump midway through two.

Tony is just a better mma fighter, Conor is a better puncher, as I said it's called the Ultimate Fighting Championships, not the Ultimate Punching Championships, if Conor can't get that clean KO punch and is forced to fight, he will lose...

No I brought up people, saying Nate surviving with Conor can justify Tony surviving with Conor cause their similar.

How will Tony last til 3 rounds when he gets hit every fucking time he's coming in? I love Tony and rather him become champ but I'm realistic about it.

This doesn't negate the fact that EVERY single person Tony has fought has landed on him hard, including Lando rocking him. Tony has bad boxing defense and is going to be facing one the hardest hitting boxers in the lower weight classes.

Holy fuck I love that Nate choked out then survived 5 rounds with Conor. It's making people forget how good they guy actually is in the cage regardless of his bullshit money making antics.

I guess you didn't read my post. Good day to you, sir.

People are so intent on convincing the world Tony or conor will win, people need to relax. Both have equally strong paths to victory and who ever implements the better game plan on the night will win.
Jeez, take all the fun out of it why don’t you!!!!

Lee just said today Tony keeps his chin up in the air as part of his game plan because he judges distance so well. It enables him to dictate pace. Lee said Tony beats the hell out of Conor and that Tony is the real champion. He specifically said "Tony wouldnt get caught lunging in with Conor." The real elephant in the room is the whole ducking money fight circus. The elephant in the room is the champion ducking a healthy interim champion.
Okay the guy who just lost to Tony who never fought Conor said Conor is gonna lose to the guy who just beat him. Wow huge revelation.

Tony been caught lunging in before Barboza in 2015, still does the same shit. It's a bad habit he has because he fights like his reach is 5" less than it really is.

More intent on the fight getting made. It never will though. Not until Tony is 35 or older.

Okay the guy who just lost to Tony who never fought Conor said Conor is gonna lose to the guy who just beat him. Wow huge revelation.

Tony been caught lunging in before Barboza in 2015, still does the same shit. It's a bad habit he has because he fights like his reach is 5" less than it really is.
Lee also said "Conor can't handle Tony's size, reach and forward pressure." I guess you know more than Lee though.

It's called the Ultimate Fighting Championships not the Ultimate Punching Championships all this tagging you say Tony receives but as yet to pay for this bad habit. The book on Conor is a very short read avoid the the left hand, don't over extend on your punches and don't leave your punches hanging. Drag his ass into deep waters check the clock because he'll adrenaline dump midway through two.

Tony is just a better mma fighter, Conor is a better puncher, as I said it's called the Ultimate Fighting Championships, not the Ultimate Punching Championships, if Conor can't get that clean KO punch and is forced to fight, he will lose...
No worries my man. Other signs point to Tony challenging Conor on the feet. Tony bringing up he's gonna be working on boxing more for his camp with Conor to close his holes.

Tony has great MMA skills, but in every high level MMA fight he's been in, his opponent has put their FISTS on his face while he was coming in, multiple times. It's an honest assessment that Conor, the guy who made a career on putting his FISTS on people's faces, will give Tony trouble.

tony gets put to bed by most of the shots Diaz ate.

Conor will hurt him Badly and make him look like an amateur standing

No worries my man. Other signs point to Tony challenging Conor on the feet. Tony bringing up he's gonna be working on boxing more for his camp with Conor to close his holes.

Tony has great MMA skills, but in every high level MMA fight he's been in, his opponent has put their FISTS on his face while he was coming in, multiple times. It's an honest assessment that Conor, the guy who made a career on putting his FISTS on people's faces, will give Tony trouble.
And Tony possesses all the skills to give Conor trouble.

It's like the majority of Sherdog don't even pay attention when Tony fights.

If Conor is willing to make this fight happen, I will have to sit here in the aftermath defending Tony or Conor when the inevitable dumbasses that post here make 50 threads indicating how overrated the loser of the fight is.

Calm your dick down, nobody is ducking anybody yet. Keeping chin up is not the game plan, you can measure the distance without doing so lol letting your opponent hit you in the head is just a bad habit that can cost you a ko loss when you encounter a good boxer.

Back