What would happen if the UFC went back to UFC 1 rules now?

BringBackTRTforFairness

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
How would the modern MMA fighters do compared to the bunch of losers the gracies beat?

JDS vs Cain with UFC 1 rules would have been a blast

As would Anderson Silva vs anyone, I see Anderson adapting the best unless Sonnen started to headbutt with the x2 leg like Coleman used to do

All the dudes who fought in the original UFC tournaments were champs in some way, they just didn't know how to grapple. It would basically look like it does now but Kongo would have been champ with those GOAT groin knees.

All the dudes who fought in the original UFC tournaments were champs in some way, they just didn't know how to grapple. It would basically look like it does now but Kongo would have been champ with those GOAT groin knees.

Overeems knees were superior

It's very simple....

The entire sport would be built around being able to grab their opponents genitals first.

It's very simple....

The entire sport would be built around being able to grab their opponents genitals first.
Hackney-smashing-Joe-Sons-balls.gif

How would the modern MMA fighters do compared to the bunch of losers the gracies beat?

JDS vs Cain with UFC 1 rules would have been a blast

As would Anderson Silva vs anyone, I see Anderson adapting the best unless Sonnen started to headbutt with the x2 leg like Coleman used to do

UFC banned

Stipe would win unless injuries from the last rounds diminish his performance in the final rounds

So you think your the p4p huh Mightymouse?

OK, Here is a enraged Mark hunt.. Goodluck

"Ques in Big john shouting " LETS GET IT ON"

And if by some fluke chance you beat him, Overeem is your next fight in 45 minutes... Then if you beat the Reem you get the winner of Cain and JDS... :rolleyes:

The UFC implemented the rules so that the Gracies wouldn't win and keep the fights interesting . The basis for the Ultimate fighter was to train guys to fight well rounded as opposed to just representing one style . To be honest I think with the old rules and lack of divisions we'd see other guys in the spotlight ... one that comes to mind is Shogun , he was better when he could use soccer kicks and once in the ufc that kinda hurt his game leading to inconsistent performances . But i'd definitely say that we's see a new crop of stars and some that lasted longer than others .

Back