Khabib Says He'll Take a Fight With Edson Barboza If The UFC Makes McGregor/Ferguson

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Perfect. Now put them both on UFC 219 NYE card and let's have some fuckin' fun.

So he stiil has hopes that they might book him vs. McGregor? Rofl

I think Khabib said in this interview with Ariel that he never lost in amateurs and wrestling. It's clearly not true he lost to Khusein Khaliev in amateur mma (for example, Khasan Khaliev couple of days ago confirmed it in interview) and I think Khabib told in interview that when he was a kid he lost multiple wrestling or sambo bouts in one week and his father still send him to compete on the same week at another tournament.

Would rather see khabib against a powerful wrestler who can actually strike. Gaethje would be perfect

Good. That makes the most sense.

Khabib is clearly a top LW. But you don't just keep being the perpetual #1 contender when you're sitting in a hospital year round.

This is definitely the fight to make, but on a side note, I feel that Khabib's skills have become somewhat underrated because of his consistent unreliability.

If the best/healthy version of Khabib shows up, he mauls Barboza.
No way bro, expect Etim part 2
lroYUpw.gif

Love how a dude who has fought 2 times in 3 years and ruined multiple PPVs thinks he can dictate what the UFC does.

He's almost as delusional as Cyborg.

Nate clearly deserves the trilogy fight.
It's what the fans want to see.

It's split.

I feel Nate deserves it because they are 1-1 .....but at the same time there's an interim belt for a reason.

Because of the interim belt there's an argument for Tony to deserve this fight more

Let's do this crazy thing where the 4 best guys in the division fight and the 2 winners face off at the end of the night to promote a fight for the title.

Sounds insane I know, but it'll save money on interim title belts.

That's be cool kinda like a tournament where we know who the winner of each fight is gonna end up fighting next.

With that said, I think the UFC should actually have some real tournaments setup. Like Pride, and like Strikeforce did in that HW tournament. I think tournaments are awesome and good for marketing too. Wonder why they don't do tournaments. If a fighter get's injured just postpone the fight.

I...don't wanna see this fight. I don't like fighters ducking...but I'll give Barboza an exception for ducking Khabib.

Back