How did rashad evans lose to sam alvey?

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
I like sam. I watch him when he's on. Hits pretty hard and makes beyond the most of his natural athletic ability.

But how the hell did rashad Evans lose to sam alvey? I missed this fight, and did not know they fought. Must have been buried lol.

But seriously, dude fights homes close, blasts out sonnen and ortiz and beats hendo.. Then loses to alvey.

Anybody actually watch this fighy?

Last edited:
I don't understand how he lost to that ginger too...

Didn't watch it but Rashad has been declining for a very long time, so it was just a matter of time.

A better question is how did Rashad lose to Dan Kelly??

Too afraid to pull the trigger. He was landing when he threw just was too afraid of what was coming back. Weight cut to 185 seems to drain him too.

Was almost as bad as Werdum vs Overeem 2.

He didn't do jack shit the whole fight. Just backed away and circled with his back against the cage. Very inactive with his strikes. The fight was a stinker overall.

A better question is how did Rashad lose to Dan Kelly??
He is a little more shot than Dan kelly and kelly has marginally better stand up. Rashad has been declining rapidly since about age 32. Bad genetics or training camps have ruined his body, especially the knees.

I watched Rashad flee, get rocked by double underhooks, punch alvey's leg and circle for 15 minutes. it was almost as bad as his lil nog fight

Machida ruined what could have been a monster. He just took that confidence completely away from him with that KO.

I went into that fight liking both guys and hoping for a draw or at least a close decision...But the way Shad lost was...Machida took his fucking soul Shang Tsung style.

Every fight since then has been Rashad being a completely tentative/nervous fighter who will not commit.

This isn't a video game. Rashad Evans is a human and one that's old as fuck and completely spent. Just because his record says he has beaten x,y and z doesn't mean he can do it forever. I've no doubt that Evans of ten years ago would completely smash Alvey without breaking a sweat.

Back