Any news on

Sonny Qc

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Brandon Thatch ?

I know he lost his last 4 fights with the UFC

But I thought Bellator could have sign him for fun fights Vs other striker.
They have a bunch of that there.
Was fun to watch (on the feet)

Last fought in December.

Did he decided to hang up the gloves?

I started a thread on Brandon Thatch a few years ago saying "watch out for this guy..." and "potential WW champ" when he was fighting locally in Ring of Fire events in Broomfield, Colorado. I thought to myself this kid was going to make waves in the UFC. ROF was awesome, putting guys like Thatch, Schaub, Cerrone, Zingano, Carwin, and others into the UFC.

Really bummed he couldn't pull it together, such a fun guy to watch. Needs to learn how to grapple.

I haven't heard anything but I don't follow fighters that I don't know on social media or anything.

I started a thread on Brandon Thatch a few years ago saying "watch out for this guy..." and "potential WW champ" when he was fighting locally in Ring of Fire events in Broomfield, Colorado. I thought to myself this kid was going to make waves in the UFC. ROF was awesome, putting guys like Thatch, Schaub, Cerrone, Zingano, Carwin, and others into the UFC.

Really bummed he couldn't pull it together, such a fun guy to watch. Needs to learn how to grapple.

I watched him coming up too and thought he was going to have much more success in the UFC then he did =/

I remember making an Eddie Alvarez thread saying the same stuff after he ko'd Derrick Noble and Aaron Riley.I made a poll with a few options like potential champ,good fighter but never a champ,just another fighter and he sucks or something like that.Just another fighter was by far the most picked in the poll and pretty much no one said potential champ.Probably on IronLife or Subfighter idr.

Brendan Schaub used to train with him and I think he mentioned on one of his Fighter and the Kid podcasts that he decided to go back to school.

Brendan Schaub used to train with him and I think he mentioned on one of his Fighter and the Kid podcasts that he decided to go back to school.
Probably the smartest thing a middle of the road fighter can ever do. If you are not going to make millions why make peanuts for 5 years and get brain damage. Then after 5 years you cannot string a sentence together to properly interview for a job.

Good move Thatch

Yeah when you get tapped 4 times in a row and one of those guys is Siyar...

He's a good striker but he's not well rounded enough to be in the UFC. His biggest advantage is his size (weight cut). Hopefully when he comes back he has some great tdd or has improved his bjj.

I haven't heard anything but I don't follow fighters that I don't know on social media or anything.

I watched him coming up too and thought he was going to have much more success in the UFC then he did =/

Just bummed. Really bummed. i watched him starch dudes in ROF, even as an amateur. I thought to myself...man this kid is gonna bring havoc in the big leagues. Huge as WW...he could easily be a MW.

We loved going to the ROF events because for $45 you could sit 15 feet from the cage and watch guys like him, Carwin, Zingano, Cerrone, Schaub...tons more great fighters working their way into the UFC. Good stuff.

It seems he went the route of Tony Rockamora, and gave Marcellus Wallace's wife a foot massage.

I thought he was going to be Matt Brown 2.0

i only watched a few of his pre-UFC fights, but i was hyped on him because i recognized his name from beating chidi njokuani, who i was really hyped about

he seemed to lose his fire after his first 2 UFC losses. it wasnt just his lack of ground game, he looked less confident, less aggressive, didnt put as much power on his strikes etc.

To me he just seemed like a guy trying to fight men much smaller than him.

Just bummed. Really bummed. i watched him starch dudes in ROF, even as an amateur. I thought to myself...man this kid is gonna bring havoc in the big leagues. Huge as WW...he could easily be a MW.

We loved going to the ROF events because for $45 you could sit 15 feet from the cage and watch guys like him, Carwin, Zingano, Cerrone, Schaub...tons more great fighters working their way into the UFC. Good stuff.
For 45 bucks that seems like a fantastic deal. UFC is coming to my part of the world, Norfolk Va and cheapest seats are about 150$.

For 45 bucks that seems like a fantastic deal. UFC is coming to my part of the world, Norfolk Va and cheapest seats are about 150$.

I hear you...and yes, you could get awesome seats at ROF events for cheap. I can't believe ROF (Ring of Fire) is defunct now. Awesome shows for a local promotion in Colorado. Being able to go to local shows and see Justin Salas, Eliot Marshall, Josh Haynes, Cody Donovan, Cat Zingano, Michelle Waterson, Donald Cerrone, Shane Carwin, Brandon Schaub, Brandon Thatch, Justin Gaethje, Chidi Njokuani, Justin Wren, John Allesio...before they were in the big shows was fun.

I hear you...and yes, you could get awesome seats at ROF events for cheap. I can't believe ROF (Ring of Fire) is defunct now. Awesome shows for a local promotion in Colorado. Being able to go to local shows and see Justin Salas, Eliot Marshall, Josh Haynes, Cody Donovan, Cat Zingano, Michelle Waterson, Donald Cerrone, Shane Carwin, Brandon Schaub, Brandon Thatch, Justin Gaethje, Chidi Njokuani, Justin Wren, John Allesio...before they were in the big shows was fun.
Man I'm jealous. Why did it go defunct? Did it merge or get bought out?

Back