Is UFC 189 The GOAT UFC PPV?

LockardTheGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Of all the UFC cards that I've seen in their entirety (and I've seen a shit ton), this one is definitely my favorite. All five fights are great (or at a least above average), all have finishes, and the Lawler/McDonald fight in particular is a bona fide classic. This was also Conor McGregor's first ever PPV as the headline attraction, giving it a bit of historical significance as well.

There's also plenty of blood shed throughout the night for all of us Just Bleed fans, and I like how the lyrics of that annoying song they use are omitted in the intro, with only the music itself being played.

Is there a UFC PPV card more entertaining from top to bottom than this one?

Still the best live sporting event I have ever been at.

Nah

Got no idea what even was

Top 5 events all time.

That Stephens fight was crazy and then surprise Sinead performance.

At least post the card for us threadstarter.....

Main Card

Featherweight Conor McGregor def. Chad Mendes TKO (punches) 2 4:57
Welterweight Robbie Lawler (c) def. Rory MacDonald TKO (nose injury) 5 1:00
Catchweight (149.5 lbs) Jeremy Stephens def. Dennis Bermudez TKO (flying knee and punches) 3 0:32
Welterweight Gunnar Nelson def. Brandon Thatch Submission (rear-naked choke) 1 2:54
Bantamweight Thomas Almeida def. Brad Pickett KO (flying knee) 2 0:29

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
Welterweight Matt Brown def. Tim Means Submission (guillotine choke) 1 4:44
Welterweight Alex Garcia def. Mike Swick Decision (unanimous) (29-28, 30-27, 30-27) 3 5:00
Welterweight John Howard def. Cathal Pendred Decision (split) (29-28, 28-29, 29-28) 3 5:00
Bantamweight Cody Garbrandt def. Henry Briones Decision (unanimous) (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) 3 5:00

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)

Flyweight Louis Smolka def. Neil Seery Decision (unanimous) (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) 3 5:00
Lightweight Cody Pfister def. Yosdenis Cedeno Decision (unanimous) (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

It's top 3 for me.

I don't really have an order, but I've always thought that 92 (i think) and 116 were gonna be hard to ever top.

92: Rampage vs Wandy 3, Mir vs Nog, Rashad vs Forrest, Kongo wrecked some fool, CB wreck some dude

116: Lesnar comeback, Leben vs Sexyama, Lytle vs Matt Brown, and Bonnar vs Ksos

I remember that night very fondly, went out with a buddy to the bar for a change. It might not be the best card ever, but its the best time I've ever had watching UFC.

yB0bkI9.gif

10000792.gif

It's definitely way up there, man.

UFC 187 was pretty great also - watch Browne vs Arlovski if u missed it.

It was definitely a great card. Pickett vs Almeida and Bermuda vs Stephens are crazy ass fights and would've most likely got FOTN on lesser cards or if Rory vs Lawler 2 never happened.

Back