How good is Werdum's striking now?

James Edwart

Longdongus
@Yellow
Reaction score
I've just rewatched Werdum's fight with Overeem, both the first and second rounds were very even, but Werdum got the upper hand in the third in the, he didn't "clip" Overeem, he legit exchanged with him and won, no bullshit storming in wild hook, which makes me question this: Is Werdum's striking as good as Overeem's now?

I've just rewatched Werdum's fight with Overeem, both the first and second rounds were very even, but Werdum got the upper hand in the third in the, he didn't "clip" Overeem, he legit exchanged with him and won, no bullshit storming in wild hook, which makes me question this: Is Werdum's striking as good as Overeem's now?

His striking is pretty good, as long as he doesn't go full-tard rushing in, flailing. He chin-checked Hunto with a (sorta) flying knee, for fux sake.

giphy.gif

He's alright, much improved to be fair

definitely a top 5 striker in the division.

is his striking better than reem? no but werdum should have won that fight.

It's like he can dial it up if he's feeling confident. He did so to Nelson and Browne.

Much improved over the years if he's patient and picks his spots doesn’t rush in like against Stipe.

He's alright, much improved to be fair

Yeah, from the ORIGINAL Reem fight, he's not even the same fighter

DBv7jNcZvV3ML22jEYhD6rHv4srngyIaLyl_Oqyyj9A.gif

Homie literally PRAYED for dudes to fall to the ground with him. haha

You can almost guarantee Werdum started putting more time into stand up thanks to JDS. lol. Good times.

I rewatched that fight recently and it was way closer than people make it out to be. In fact Werdum landed more shots than Overeem in the standup and was much more agressive. He could've easily gotten the nod

IRrLXe2.png

I actually thought Werdum won most of the striking exchanges in their first fight as well.

If it wasn't for the silly flopping to the ground, I think Fabricio would have won.

His striking is pretty good, as long as he doesn't go full-tard rushing in, flailing. He chin-checked Hunto with a (sorta) flying knee, for fux sake.

giphy.gif
I think he gets too overconfident in his striking sometimes. But I'd rank him above Hunt and even Reem right now in terms of striking, because he can strike without being scared of getting taken down and he doesn't have a glass chin. Stipe probably has the best striking now at HW due to his power and terrifying pressure.

if they fought in a ring, with k1 gloves and k1 rules...overeem would murder werdum...

Striking offense 74/99
Striking defense 70/99

giphy.gif

most of the human population would have died right there,fact.

It is really good for a grappler. In comparison, Maia has no striking and Jacare is a wild brawler.

Tbf he was doing well in that fight as well, that was their second fight btw. He was doing well on the feet he just wasn't confident enough on the feet against somebody like Overeem so he kept trying to get Overeem to follow him to the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back