Ben Askren said he would destroy McGregor---New Roasted Podcast

Adam Hunter

White Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Ashlee Evans-Smith joins me and Andrew Montanez in Studio. We discuss everything from Ashlee's latest fight to the UFC and Bellator fights last week. I talks about my recent gigs, pissing off Vivica Fox who was in the crowd during my show and more. Ben Askren calls up and talks about why he is retiring after his next fight, how he would destroy Conor McGregor in a fight, his predictions on GSP vs Bisping, his thoughts on standing for the National Anthem and more. Hope you enjoy.

Adam

If he gets the clinch before getting KOed, he would absolutely violate Conor.

Talk is cheap.

Throw your hat into the ring and test your theory.

[Edit: I'm not really down on Askren. I basically like him. Even taking size out of the equation, he would grapple-fuck Conor to death if he could close the distance effectively....now whether or not he could do that often enough to win...IDK]

"Ashlee Evans-Smith joins me"

160.gif

He may as well say he would destroy Brock Lesnar while he's at it.

If he can get a hold of Conor before getting cracked then yeah, but it's not that easy and the people acting like it is are retarded. Watch Askren's fight where he kept failing TD's and couldn't get the clinch and ending up eye poking the guy to Bolivia. Being desperate for TD's like that and reaching for your opponent from a distance can be very dangerous, especially against someone as good as Conor is on the feet. Every fight starts on the feet and Conor is just a different level in that aspect then basicallly everybody around right now.

He takes advantage of very very small openings and opportunities. Conor catching Askren on the way in wouldn't be a surprise and it's the same way in a possible match with Khabib. Most people can't even get their hands on Conor because he cracks them first. Mendes did it because he's actually got good striking and is very fast/explosive. Askren has zero stand up and Khabib's stand up only seems affective when opponents are at the fence, which he uses just to get TD's or initiate clinch.

Don't count Conor out just because we've seen him struggle on the mat in the past. Conor is known for ending guys in seconds. Counting him out against anybody at all is just stupid. Not saying Conor would win, just that he has a very high chance. He can end it right away with one shot because of his timing and accuracy. Very few can capitalize on such small openings like him. He could very well catch Askren coming in, same with Khabib. I'd be more confident in Askren winning than Khabib though 'cause he doesn't need the cage to complete TD's, he gets them from everywhere. Stylistically a very tough match for Conor, but still very winnable.

Ashlee Evans-Smith joins me and Andrew Montanez in Studio. We discuss everything from Ashlee's latest fight to the UFC and Bellator fights last week. I talks about my recent gigs, pissing off Vivica Fox who was in the crowd during my show and more. Ben Askren calls up and talks about why he is retiring after his next fight, how he would destroy Conor McGregor in a fight, his predictions on GSP vs Bisping, his thoughts on standing for the National Anthem and more. Hope you enjoy.

Adam

Well he would and his love Dana would never let Conor near Askren.

"Destroy"= Win 50-43 due to grapplefuck
You think Conor would last 5 rounds lol ? Askren has nasty GnP. I could see Conor tapping from the torture or giving up his back to a RnC. I cant see a scenario where Conor survives 5 rounds from a Askren assault.

If he can get a hold of Conor before getting cracked then yeah, but it's not that easy and the people acting like it is are retarded. Watch Askren's fight where he kept failing TD's and couldn't get the clinch and ending up eye poking the guy to Bolivia. Being desperate for TD's like that and reaching for your opponent from a distance can be very dangerous, especially against someone as good as Conor is on the feet. Every fight starts on the feet and Conor is just a different level in that aspect then basicallly everybody around right now.

He takes advantage of very very small openings and opportunities. Conor catching Askren on the way in wouldn't be a surprise and it's the same way in a possible match with Khabib. Most people can't even get their hands on Conor because he cracks them first. Mendes did it because he's actually got good striking and is very fast/explosive. Askren has zero stand up and Khabib's stand up only seems affective when opponents are at the fence, which he uses just to get TD's or initiate clinch.

Don't count Conor out just because we've seen him struggle on the mat in the past. Conor is known for ending guys in seconds. Counting him out against anybody at all is just stupid. Not saying Conor would win, just that he has a very high chance. He can end it right away with one shot because of his timing and accuracy. Very few can capitalize on such small openings like him. He could very well catch Askren coming in, same with Khabib. I'd be more confident in Askren winning than Khabib though 'cause he doesn't need the cage to complete TD's, he gets them from everywhere. Stylistically a very tough match for Conor, but still very winnable.
I dont think Conor can ko him Askren is very big and has a granite chin. Even if he takes a Conor punch he aint getting kod. I think it would take Woodley power to ko a Ben Askren. Askren vs Conor would a be a homicide.

talk is cheap. the guy ducked all legitimate competition in these last years. can't really talk. mcgregor accomplished way more than him

Adam

The fights start standing...every round starts standing...all it would take would be 1 or 2 shots from conor and the fight would be over...askren has never in his life faced anyone with even half of conor's fire power...he'd get killed...askren has had some controversial wins, which many thought he lost..and conor would have ran through those people.

Back