in retrospect what was a bigger detriment to the failing UFC, adding the WMMA or Flyweight divisions

koclem

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
lets face it only a handful of weirdo fetishists enjoy wmmma and about the same (small) number of people enjoy watching manlets compete, again probably for fetish reasons.

both divisions have attributed to the decline in the UFC popularity, this is proven and beyond reasonable debate.

The question is which division has done more long term damage to the grown potential of the now floundering UFC?

1234527682_wrestling_midget_face_slide.gif

Last edited:
WMMA by a mile

Flyweights can be fun at times

Sergio and Moreno the other week was a batshit fight

Some WMMA fights have sold for far above average and made them money

I don't think there's every been a flyweight main event that's broken 300k buys, most of them only sell less than 200k buys

So I think from a financial perspective flyweight is worse

But when it comes to pissing off their fan base, WMMA is worse

Both aren't as bad as USADA though

lets face it only a handful of weirdo fetishists enjoy wmmma and about the same (small) number of people enjoy watching manlets compete, again probably for fetish reasons.

both divisions have attributed to the decline in the UFC popularity, this is proven and beyond reasonable debate.

The question is which division has dome more long term damage to the grown potential of the now floundering UFC?

...Sherdog posts are..

WMMA sells.

It's been proving that FW's can't up to this point.

WMMA sells.

It's been proving that FW's can't up to this point.
rhonda sold but that it, get in reality bro

how do you calculate the massive losses and brand damage done by people who wont pay for a ppv with main card WMMA bouts?

The question is which division has done more long term damage to the grown potential of the now floundering UFC?

1234527682_wrestling_midget_face_slide.gif
Wmma for sure.

Some WMMA fights have sold for far above average and made them money

I don't think there's every been a flyweight main event that's broken 300k buys, most of them only sell less than 200k buys

So I think from a financial perspective flyweight is worse

But when it comes to pissing off their fan base, WMMA is worse

Both aren't as bad as USADA though
You were doing so good until the last sentence.

rhonda sold but that it, get in reality bro

how do you calculate the massive losses and brand damage done by people who wont pay for a ppv with main card WMMA bouts?

People get talking about many of the Women matches. Yes, they don't draw like Rhonda but either do 90% of the men either. But fans seem to be much more interested in some of the better women matches than number 4 FW vs 6 FW. Without doubt WMMA gets more run than FW's all day long.

DJ is about the only FW anyone even mentions and very few are willing to pay for him.

What are you guys going on blaming the ladies when a ton of fighters and fight are boring nowadays? It's an UFC phenomenon that I can't figure it out (USADA?), watching Bellator the other night made me rememberhow fucking boring UFC is most of the times.

Letting Joe Silva go, rather than kidnapping him and holding him in a dungeon to keep doing matchmaking until he dies.

The UFC will be fine, the only people that overreact are dorks on this site who think the world revolves around MMA

Removing the gladiator intro, it all went downhill from there...

Is that a measurable demographic?

I'd have thought most of their spare cash would go on catamites anyway

Tough choice , so equal .......

toss a coin and ......... I'll pick WMMA

Reebok and champions ducking did it for me.
Luckily as The UFC regresses MMA outside of the UFC improves.
They money fight approach will prove shortsighted.

With that being said I really enjoy the lower weight classes in the UFC, seems to be less bullshit and manufactured hype.

Back